• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why does my guinea pig twitch when petted

Ilovemyguineapigs21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So one of my guinea pigs, I can tell she doesnt enjoy petting but if i stroke her normally from the direction her fur grows of course, she sorts of twitches and jumps and runs away from me and itd so weird but i dont know why thats happening. Could it be a health issue?

One of my piggies will dart away when I try to stroke him, one will just sit there and tolerate it. Depends on the piggie, some just don’t like being touched :)

Is she popcorning? One of my boys loves being stroked so much that he popcorns in my lap.

Elvis doesn't like being stroked and he jumps away from my hand if I touch him anywhere except his head but he still isn't a fan so I don't stroke him. Some piggies just don't enjoy strokes while others do.
But as @Piggylove82 said food is the way into their hearts! The only time I'm allowed to stroke Elvis is if he's got a lovely big pile of grass to munch :))

With my pigs it really depends on their mood! Sometimes they're happy for pets and other they run away like nooooooo! Don't touch me!

Back