• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

why does my guinea pigs eye look like this

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It looks like your piggy might have a ringworm infection.
Please have your piggy seen by a vet for diagnosis and to get the appropriate prescription strength treatment.
As ringworm can be caught by people, please ensure you exercise strict hygiene so you dont end up catching it yourself.
It would be worth investing in some F10 which is a vet grade disinfectant to use to clean your cage down thoroughly. Wash any fleece bedding on a hot wash and throw away anything which cannot be washed.
The guide below gives details
Ringworm: Hygiene And Pictures

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
i’ve had him for 5 months and i got him from i pet smart
Ringworm spores can be brought in in a variety of ways. They can live in an environment for a very long time. As the guide explains, it can also flare up without any obvious cause. Pet shop and stressed piggies can be prone to such infections.
He needs to see a vet for treatment.

Does he live with another piggy? They are highly social herd animals so he should not be kept alone.
If he has a friend, then please take them both to a vet for diagnosis and treatment, as well as ensuring strict hygiene.

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We only trying to help. . I know piggies don't ask for ringworm and it's not nice for them. . Vet will advise you how to treat it and clear it up. Pls read the advise and soon I'm sure all be great and happy piggies again. .
The link @Piggies&buns has put on will help.