• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why I Love Cleaning Out My Piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Cleaning out my 2 boys has always been fun for me. I've just spent an hour doing something that could have easily taken me 20 minutes, but due to my boys fascination of what's going on around them it quickly turns into playtime for all of us. Tubby never fails to make me laugh with his running under the fresh new towels and fleece blankets I lay down and his hilarious out of control pop corning where he tries to run forward, but ends up popcorning sideways resulting in him crashing into everything in his path. Dom is something else, he is hilariously funny, I honestly do not know what to expect next from him, from his cute polar bear impression to his misunderstanding of what a hay rack is.

Sorry for the seriously dark Pigtures!
2015-01-26_19.51.43.jpg
Definitely need to put Dom's hay rack vertical!
20150126_180520.jpg
Just loves these guys!

Last edited:
Piggies are brilliantly entertaining aren't they! It's lovely watching them have such a good time.

How sweet. Cleaning out Sakurai and Ryou used to take me 2 hours when I'd let them run around the room as I cleaned their cage, but my parents told me off for letting them run around in there so now they are in the hallway as I clean and it only takes me an hour now but its not fun like it was.

They definitely make you take longer but their fun antics make it no chore. :))

How sweet. Cleaning out Sakurai and Ryou used to take me 2 hours when I'd let them run around the room as I cleaned their cage, but my parents told me off for letting them run around in there so now they are in the hallway as I clean and it only takes me an hour now but its not fun like it was.

They definitely make you take longer but their fun antics make it no chore. :))
I agree, I would clean my boys almost everyday, but my washing machine would never forgive me feeding him 4 large fleece blankets and 6 large towels everyday!

I really miss them when I go to work or have to spend time with my Mrs!

I know, it makes leaving the house so hard!

Does your Mrs not want to join in with the guinea pig adoration?

Lol it is fun to clean out their runs, I enjoy it too. I say Playtime! and they know I get them out for floortime while I clean up. So floortime is at least an hour each day, with hideys, tunnels, boxes, hay veggies, all scattered over my kitchen floor. And they love it! After I have cleaned their runs, I either sit with them or watch them play, guinea pigs fascinate me and make me smile sooooo much! DSC_3004.JPG

Attachments

• snoop hay.JPG
    snoop hay.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 2
sorry , got carried away with pics! I have loads ( like we all do !)

Reactions: Moo
Awwww such lovely piggies at the moment mine just hide when I go up to the cage cept last night when they ate small bit of green of me but mainly they hide.

I know, it makes leaving the house so hard!

Does your Mrs not want to join in with the guinea pig adoration?
Not my Mrs, she comes from a family where they never had pets, but my wife is very understanding and very supportive, so I feel fortunate she's like this.

sorry , got carried away with pics! I have loads ( like we all do !)
I love your Pigtures so thank you for posting them, I always say "you can see how rich a person is by the amount of Guineapigs they have in their house" and when I say "rich" I mean rich with love in their life!

Is that 7 Piggies I can spot there? that's like my idea or paradise :love:
I actually have 13! lol my hobby sort of grew a bit, I love them all and each have such a different personality, I feel very lucky to have them in my life:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back