• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Why on earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

I think I must be doing something seriously wrong with my guineas, I just can't seem to keep some of them happy ::)

Despite the fact that they are freshly cleaned, have the choice of meadow hay, simply grass and timothy hay with herbs...they seem to much prefer the delicate taste of the newspaper that lines their pens ;D

Sitting here I can hear (and see) see Millie and Tansy, ripping away at the stuff. Ungrateful little monkeys :D

Does anyone else's guinea/s have a taste for newspaper?

Barbara

Yep Sooty and Brandy. They both manage to lift all their hay up and tear at it. Misty stil doesn't know how to go under his hay but I'm sure he would eat it if he could reach it.

Yes, my guineas and bunnies always tear up and eat their paper first, before all the nice hay! Odd bods lol

Yes, my Colin does too. He chews his way through his shredded paper.
He also likes to reach out between the bars of his cage and grab a magazine if there is one nearby. He doesn't even bite the individual pages - he just goes for the nice thick top corner :)

Theyre prob way more intelligent then we think...
what if they can READ? :o

As Peter Gurney used to say, they're perfectly fine with newspaper and the ink won't hurt them. The only danger is if they read the rubbish printed on them ;D

Kat

Yep. ;D most of mine are paper lovers too! :D

oh yes... ;D

my rabbit even used to go for wallpaper if he got the chance, bless him..

maybe they put some flavourings in there that we arent aware of?! :D

mine all do it as well, you finish piling in the hay then you hear rippppppppp as they go for the paper at the bottom of the carefully and lovingly cleaned out run

Abnoba said:
oh yes... ;D

my rabbit even used to go for wallpaper if he got the chance, bless him..

maybe they put some flavourings in there that we arent aware of?! :D

strawberry/carrot flavoured wallpaper?

heh

Yep!

Sammy loves newspaper. Cardboard is a big favourite too - in fact when he's out on floor time he is forever on the lookout for anything to chew.
At 4 1/2 he should be setting a more responsible example to Rupert....as if! ;D

One of my piggies-Trevor-has just got a taste for newspaper-he keeps making a right mess of the hutch.....little monster! It's a good job he's so cute I tell you! :)

Sars1359 said:
Theyre prob way more intelligent then we think...
what if they can READ? :o

;D ;D ;D ;D

My buns aren't happy until their hay is mixed in with freshly torn newspaper, poops and wee'd on ::)

Same here too! Only one who doesn't do it is baby Chester but I bet he'll learn before too long!

When I write birthday cards i let my boys have a nibble of the corner and write their names by the side :)

Did one tonight - only little teeth marks from Leroy and Colin (weren't too keen) but Malcolm enjoyed it so much I had to take it off him ;D

Mine eat newapaper all the time, but especially if they are cross with me. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back