• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

why would this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lucy was chowing down green peppers when i first got her but lately she will not touch them one bit? What would cause her to all of a sudden not like them?

Like most animals, guinea pigs have a drive to seek out variety in their diet. They will most eagerly eat food they haven't seen for a while, and can avoid foods they have seen a lot of. Swap peppers for something else for a week, and she will probably become keen on them again.

Guinea pigs are like humans - they can go off something they couldn't get enough of at first!

Just try to vary your veg and if your piggies go off something leave it out for a bit and then serve it again after a couple of weeks.

buddy will eat anything and everything and never get tired of anything lol.. Lucy stopped eating carrots and peppers. She loves GRASS, Lettuce and apple, I have tried brocoli and she has eaten a lil bit but that doesnt really do much for her i guess. I'm not sure what else I could try that she would like.

Mine chop and change what they eat all the time. Fussy little wotsits. Buzz and Woody eat veryhting put in front of them still though. Have you tried greens? and kale?

greens meaning what? They eat lettuce all the time, Ive never tried kale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back