• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

why

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, most of my pigs do, bella and bam pull their hay out of the rack and onto the floor which is annoying cos they end up sitting on it, weeing on it and then not eating it >:(

yes, two of mine are doing the same, they are pulling it all out onto the floor

Cos they are lazy buggers :D Sunshine and Twinkle don't do it anymore, it's like it is too hard work for them! I put hay under their little houses tonight and they ate it all! Then I peeped back in and the two of them where in the same house and all I could see was their bums! Makes me laugh I'll have to get a photo of it! :D

Mine eat their floor hay first. However I find if the rack hay is paticularly better quality or has grass or something mixed in then they eat it more 98)

glad to hear its not just my girls who do this! they eat the hay from their bedroom then go and take the hay out of the rack and lay it out to sit on 98)

John won't eat hay from a rack or on the floor, he will eat it if it's stuffed into a toilet roll tube though :D

Bob would probably eat from a rack but I just shove in 2 toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay into the cage so he has the same as John..he eats it that way too no probs.

They like the easy option, I have tried putting best hat in their racks and they still eat the bedding, the hay rack is still untouched after several days, put some of the same hay loose in the bed and its gone in a flash ;D

My pigs will only eat from the hay racks even though, I use Hay on the floor as well, the most like the Timothy hay in the racks and not the cheaper stuff I put on floor lol.

Mine are not at all interested in anything in the hayracks and will only eat hay from the floor of the cage.... 98)

i bought a hayrack specifically to combat this. My piggies dont seem to like borrowing in hay, preferring to lay it all flat 98)

I bought a hayrack from P@H and they were a little curious and took the occasional bit but not enough.

The other day Latte (the one full of mischief and makes LOADS of noise) decided it would be best to jump up on to the hay rack. It ended with her falling into it and her head getting stuck through the bars. THANK GOD i happened to be in the garden in the time just watching them before tucking them in for the night as she was making the most distressing noise Ive ever heard from a piggie :'(

We were due to leave at the time and if she had done that without us there I think she would of died from shock :'(

We unhooked the rack carefully whilst she was still shreaking and laid it in the hutch so she could free herself. I didnt want to cause her any more distress than she was already causing herself and luckily she managed to back up and get free. A loving cuddle and some dandilion leaves and she was back to normal.

Lesson learnt for this piggie slave and Ive given in and I know just pack their sleeping quarters with hay :D

mine have a massive plant pot as a manger... i put excel herbage in first and then pack it out with the normal p@h hay..... thye prefer the p@h stuff so gobble all the herbage to get to the "good stuff".... I'm learning lol O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back