1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The warmer weather is coming and you may be thinking of popping your indoor Pigs out on the lawn soon, please visit here for important information

Wierd Sneezy Cough/Choke sound

Discussion in 'Health & Illness' started by jayneblonde, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok - one of my piggies 'Dooley' occassionally makes a kind of choking cough sound - is this anything serious? it seems to be when she eats in a rush or if she is eating hay it sometimes happens too - it almost sounds like a hiccup but a bit more 'harsh' than that...

Anyone else heard this odd noise? or know what it may be?

:o)

2. .... Also - she appears to not eat hard vegetables that well - as in her teeth almost dont seem strong enough... either that or she likes to eat them slower than the other pigs! (perhaps i'm being too over cautious etc) she is only about 5 months old, perhaps it is to do with the younger piggies not being as stong as a grown up pig! :-\

3. MemberX

MemberX New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    I have one that does this quite a lot and I've a couple of slow eaters too. :)

4. is it something i should be concerned about or just a habit of some sort... O0

5. MemberX

MemberX New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Well I put it down to eating too fast, it's nothing to worry about. :)

6. iloveanimals

iloveanimals New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Well i posted about this yesterday as a matter of fact ::) But yes my piggies do it and its nothing to worry about O0

7. 28 pigiges! how do you keep up with them!? wow! i have trouble with 8 of them!

At least i know that it seems to be nothing serious! - think she is just being a greedy guzzzly piggy! the noise sounds worse than it is then! hurrah! :laugh: :D ;)

8. iloveanimals

iloveanimals New Member

Jun 21, 2007
    ;D yeah i have 28 of the little buggers ::) all soo loving though with all different personalities :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.