• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Will hats come back into fashion?

Pound Shilling & Pig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just thinking, with hairdressers shutting and everyone's roots starting to show and styles growing out, not to mention diy hair cuts going wrong, there are going to be a lot of bad hair days happening. And up until modern times people always wore hats or some sort of headgear most of the time, I imagine pre sallons, electricity and modern plumbing bad hair days were commonplace. So why not hide it all under a pretty bonnet?

I hate wearing hats - they don’t suit me at all! If I do wear one they make my head sweat and itch so I can’t bear it! Being of a certain age, I get hot several times through the day too! When me and my sisters are fed up, we will go to a local dept store and try on hats and have a good laugh - that always cheers us up!

My hair needed cutting badly just as the hairdressers closed down. I wasn't going risk it by going there anyway. I'm going to need to put a cap on soon!

During isolation it won’t make much difference - some days my hair gets a quick brush and that’s it! I’ll put a bit of effort in when I have to go out for shopping/exercise but otherwise, as long as it’s clean and fairly tidy, I’m happy. And everyone else should be too!🙂

I cut my own hair recently - it's not great, but I'm pretty amazed that I actually managed to get it level! Unfortunately I look really silly in hats, so only wear one when it's a case of trying to be protected from the sun. Bonnets now .... yes, I think I could carry off a bonnet! Shame I'd need an outfit to match - it'd look very weird with modern clothes!

I managed a patchy grade 3 with clippers - not the first time, but have always been more utilitarian than appearance oriented - which is why I have a neon pink running belt but nevermind. Hats, probably not, but can see handkerchiefs making a bit of a comeback.
The knotted variety to wear on the beach?

The knotted variety to wear on the beach?

:) I had a cold before Christmas, my Gran sent me my great grandfathers, it's huge, could probably put a few poles under it and make it a tent. Just one of the versatile uses, also makes a good bandana, could probably use it like those headscarves grannies used to wear, oh plus it's good at stopping coughs and sneezes - thick cloth so no worries wacking it in bleach. Had a bit of a sore throat and temperature a couple of weeks ago so doubled it up and wrapped it around my face just to try and form any sort of barrier as a precauiton, doubt it was COVID though.

I cut my own hair today which is no big deal as I have regularly cut my own hair for the last 25 years since I realised that however much I pay a hair salon and whatever hairstyle I aspire to I will always, always look like a lunkyara/merino/peruvian/abyssinian cross breed :) my hair just does its own thing like I have blonde frizzy banana ringlets growing out of my scalp in random directions! I remember going hopefully into a salon age 13 with a photo of a sleek, gelled short hairdo I wanted... and walking out looking like a dandelion clock!

:) I had a cold before Christmas, my Gran sent me my great grandfathers, it's huge, could probably put a few poles under it and make it a tent. Just one of the versatile uses, also makes a good bandana, could probably use it like those headscarves grannies used to wear, oh plus it's good at stopping coughs and sneezes - thick cloth so no worries wacking it in bleach. Had a bit of a sore throat and temperature a couple of weeks ago so doubled it up and wrapped it around my face just to try and form any sort of barrier as a precauiton, doubt it was COVID though.
or you could use it as a small picnic blanket or towel

Back