• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Willow has a limp

Willow&Sky

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This morning I let my two girls out on the floor and realised that Willow was avoiding putting weight on one of her back legs. She's otherwise fine, eating, drinking and even still running around like crazy, but either holding that leg up or being very careful on it. I've already made a vet appointment for Monday but it feels like a long wait till then 😣
As she's is otherwise fine I'm really hoping it's something minor! I have no idea what she has done to it though...

This morning I let my two girls out on the floor and realised that Willow was avoiding putting weight on one of her back legs. She's otherwise fine, eating, drinking and even still running around like crazy, but either holding that leg up or being very careful on it. I've already made a vet appointment for Monday but it feels like a long wait till then 😣
As she's is otherwise fine I'm really hoping it's something minor! I have no idea what she has done to it though...
Have you checked her nails. When i over clipped the quick on my boys front claw once, he was limping a bit.

I've only had her for about 5 weeks and I haven't trimmed her nails yet. But I'll check them. I looked at her foot and had a gentle feel which she didn't seem bothered by. Bit of a mystery.

I've only had her for about 5 weeks and I haven't trimmed her nails yet. But I'll check them. I looked at her foot and had a gentle feel which she didn't seem bothered by. Bit of a mystery.
Anything like a ramp to fall from?

I also have the same problem for one of mine! This particular one runs up and down the stairs like she has wings but may have hurt herself.. shes eating and looking normal, ive picked her up and had a look and moved it and no squeels not inflammed or red or hot so really unsure..

Mine haven't got any ramps, they're floor level. I did make them a piggy castle out of some big amazon boxes and they were tearing in and out of that last night, perhaps she has slipped? Only thing I can think of 🙁

Mine haven't got any ramps, they're floor level. I did make them a piggy castle out of some big amazon boxes and they were tearing in and out of that last night, perhaps she has slipped? Only thing I can think of 🙁
Possibly, ive never had a guinea pig with this problem, i guess they can damage muscles just like we can. I would get an xray done to rule out any breaks or fracture

Update. The vet gave her a thorough exam and couldn't find a thing wrong with her. And of course, when the vet got her to walk the limp had mysteriously vanished... typical. But all good news, no fractures, probably a sprain. She has gotten noticeably better since Saturday. Only other thing is that i brought my other little girl Sky along too and between myself and the vet we still couldn't decide if sky is definitely female! I hope so, just have to wait and watch...

Back