• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Willow round 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All, sorry for the lack of updates on Willow it has been very busy here with her.

Willow is doing much better and goes back to the vets today. But I wanted to raise some concerns I have with her to all of you and then to the vet tonight.

Willow still will only eat mush. Either a tiny bit fed to her or a lot more if its put out for her. She will eat very little veggies and I have tried poking soaked pellets into her mouth but she spits them out. Also we are still having to give her water as none of us have seen her go to either of the water bottles. She barely comes out of her igloo as it seems to be her safty blanket and freaks out if we take it out. I understand its scary to her to not be able to hardly see, we arent expecting anything overnight. But this is really causing issues for Faith her friend. She seems to be blocking faith into the igloo and Faith is fighting a RI now and has not been eating as much. Willow has always been the dominate one of the two and Faith follows her every move. It seems its not getting any better at all for us no matter how hard we are trying.

We have a 4x4 grid C&C cage, would we be better to seperate the 2 since they can still see each other and focus on the two individually? Faith will eat if Willow is taken out of the area and she feels she has a moment of time on her own. Although I have not seen her drinking as much and have been giving her water as well.

I feel like a terrible mother, I am over tired as well as my partner and friend are as well. We need some serious advice. We have tried letting them have floor time but Willow freaks out and Faith will not leave her side. Is there and way we can make Willow feel more at ease?

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I can only think of time and TLC.......
Have you tried some lap time together?
WHen piggies aren't well they can be a little tetchy, i wouldn't move her friend Faith out at the moment just in case it upsets Faith too.....:{
Damed if you do and damed if you don't situation sorry :(
Keep offering the mushed up pellets and little bits of veggie to Willow have you a bowl close to her so she can feed in her 'piggy safety pigloo'
Cucumber is watery and a lot of piggies love that :)
Our two boys never drank water from the bottle and i'd swear i never saw them at the water bowl either.....worried me no end, so i'd make sure they had cos lettuce and the cucumber and a little bit of fruit for the water content.
HUGS and i do hope things get easier soon for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score
thank you and sorry for the delay in reply.

Willow and Faithg went to the vet, Faith has allergies/RI and was given two shots and 2 different meds. The Vet when walking in and seeing Willow said "OMG look at her head!". She was very suprised to see her so well and happy about her head and weight gain from 440 to 450g. She is to use up the last of her baytril and is on another week of steroids. The vet said she wasnt sure if willow would ever eat dry pellets again. That she definatly has an appetite and just keep giving her all she wants.

When we got home though and my partner was feeding her she noticed a dark red lump under her chin. Faith has been biting at her face some so we are keeping a strict eye on it. It almost looks like a red bruise with a small lump like she fell into something.

Status
Not open for further replies.