winter care

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluebunny

Can guinea pigs stay out over winter,if there in a hutch in a summerhouse?

Abnoba

Reaction score
Yes.

But there shouldnt be any drafts, the bigger the group the better (can cuddle together), plenty of hay for them to snuggle in, also fleece blankies and cuddlecups are good, and could you possibly get a heater into the shed? extension cable?

But anyway, you better wait for the experts to come online, I only kept rabbits outside and that was ages ago, so I am not exactly the outdoors-piggy-expert lol

michellemuffin

Reaction score
its the droughts that kill guinea pigs put it this way I have recently lost 5 pigs and all since the weathers changed and mine all live in heated sheds no drought blinds at the windows yet I still lose mine around oct nov every year, if you do keep it in the summer house, only do so with heating an oil filled radiator, but low wattage panel heaters are best, and make sure no droughts, add pig igloos they trap heat in them thats why I dont use mine in summer cuddlecups vet bed towels anything to keep them warm,

B

bluebunny

There are no daughts in the summerhouse,it cost £2000 ;)
I did have a heater in there last year but the electric bill was £800 for 3 months :o
They are a group of 4 piggies i fill the bottom part of the hutch with hay and when i go in and feel them they are warm

hopperhaven

Reaction score
They should be fine in the summerhouse even without heat. I know you will give them loads of bedding. They are safely away from damp and drafts, that is the important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.