• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wood from a Fruit tree ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can my Piggies have a peice of wood from my father in laws apple or pear tree ? ..

I want to give them somthing to chew gnaw at if the mood takes them ..

any advice would be great x

hi yes apple branches are a hit with my lot, pear branches are also allowed and i think willow branches to but I'm not sure hopefully someone can clarify that one :)

Apple or pear is absolutely fine - any part of it! You're so lucky to get at some for free!

They may be a bit on the tart side and might cause sores to lip and mouth; I would be careful in not giving too much too often.

However, branches, bark and leaves are fine, so whenever your father-in-law is cutting the trees or collecting dead wood, ask him for it. You can try some dead leaves as well - when I had roaming piggies in my garden, they loved munching on dry leaves!

PS: Unsprayed roses are also fine to give, broken blooms, stems and leaves fresh, or dry; but make sure that you have removed any thorns.

WOW ... they can really have dried leaves ? ...

any leaf? we have a huge conker tree in the front garden! ... dry leaves from that ? and by dry do you just mean ones that have fallen from the tree or do they have to be "dry" as in brown ?

and as or the apple or pear tree they can have a chunk of branch and if any leaves attached thats fine ?

ooo I'm excited !

WOW ... they can really have dried leaves ? ...

any leaf? we have a huge conker tree in the front garden! ... dry leaves from that ? and by dry do you just mean ones that have fallen from the tree or do they have to be "dry" as in brown ?

and as or the apple or pear tree they can have a chunk of branch and if any leaves attached thats fine ?

ooo I'm excited !

No chestnut, oak, or lime etc. leaves please, but certainly apple, pear and rose; strawberry, raspberry, currants - dry or fresh. And yes, they can have a branch of apple or pear with leaves attached.

Please be aware that any dried leaves of herbs or plants are much higher in calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back