• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wooden Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherpi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey! I've not posted in a while but I need some help :)

I'm looking for hutches for my six guinea pigs, they are kept in 2, 2, 1 and 1 but their current arrangement isn't great, I've got two double story hutches and one single story hutch, one of my boys is in the single, two girls in a double to themselves and then my other boy and my other two girls share another double (separated obviously). I'd like to buy three double story hutches and give my two pairs of girls a double hitch each and my boys can share a separated double hutch but my problem is I don't know which one? I don't want to pay heaven and earth because hutches just don't last long enough, I was looking at the bluebell hutch at p@h and I know it's a horrible place but I actually really liked that hutch! I was planning on building my own in a shed but honestly I've just built my own degu cage and I am so useless with power tools if it wasn't for help from my mums boyfriend the thing would still be wod birds and screws haha!

My plan is to get a hutch which does not have them awful pull out plastic trays and that has a wooden floor so I can cover with Lino, easier cleaning! I don't want run cages, I can't permanently keep them on grass so they go in their run during the day.

So basically, can you help me find a good, not overly priced, wooden floored double hutch? :) if you have another idea on how I can keep them is love to hear it, oh and c&c, id absolutely love to but am unable to :( thanks in advance!

I have the pets@home hutch and I rate it 3 out of 5 stars. The ladder needs reinforcement like a ramp tunnel and piggies can easily fall off the second level onto the first level. Also the second level is really flimsy and I am afraid if I put bedding, piggies and other things then it will fall onto my piggies hence they are in the bottom level only. Also the ladder has nails showing and has been chewed and rotted down but what can I expect for a 3rd hand hutch that I got for free! Quite overpriced, with very flimsy, thin wood. Would only recommend if you had millions to spend and did not worry about a badly built hutch that lasts for a few weeks!

Hey thanks for the tag and I'm more than happy to help any member.
Please see the images of a 4ft x2ft double hutch I made for two guinea pigs. It also has a trap door so you can close each hutch off.
This hutch had no legs as the customer had a stand for it.
You will not find any nails sticking out my hutches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 15
Other options are a 7ft x2ft double but with a ramp or a bank of hutches?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 16
Here you go
Your enclosures are absolutely brilliant, I love the 7ft x 2ft one but looking at how amazing they are and considering I'd need two, I'm guessing they are way out of my budget. How much would that one be?

Also how much would the same in 5x2 and 6x2 be?

The 7ft x2ft is huge and I would do a better deal for two as I like to look after people.
One including a two man delivery is £395
feel free to drop me a line [email protected]
We may be able to come up with some other ideas too? I'm going to be making a 6ft x 2ft x3ft high with a 12" shelf running around the centre of the hutch and fixed ramps so they can have extra runways inside.

6ft would be £340
5ft would be £299
All includes a two man delivery and they will put the hutch right where you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back