• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Woodlands Playhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnicksy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
has anyone used this one? My piggies were ignoring the carrot cottage (!) and looked a little bored. Everything I tried they ignored so I gave this a go. They seems to like it but wondered if anyone had any longevity type experience

Molly is inside and I put a pee pad in too!

IMG_1551_zps2zordi12.jpg

Wow. That looks good. I've never seen that in the shops. I imagine they will like it as it's sea grass. Mine love those sea grass balls you get. Let us know how you get on.

@Julie M it came flat with the sides make it hold its shape. They do seem to like it so far - taking turns to sit inside!

Mine love the sea grass tunnels. Their last one is nearly completely gone.

So it'll last 2 days to 6+ months...

Mine are destructive to a point... they get bored after a while and so stop!

@lailajayne3 have you had to do anything to stop them poking the sides out?

Our Chip n Dale are top of the class when it come to mass destruction :))
I arched the sides a bit more with some raffia from the garden centre to reinforce it a tad :)

Looks lovely.
We had a similar one but as soon as they pee on it it is ruined.
Good idea with the pad inside!

Once they start chewing it became a bit sharp. I think different ones have different "insides" holding the shape.

So it'll last 2 days to 6+ months...

Mine are destructive to a point... they get bored after a while and so stop!

@lailajayne3 have you had to do anything to stop them poking the sides out?

Nope, I haven't done anything to the sides. The girls sometimes push their way through but usually just use the doors. I think ideally it would be good to secure the sides somehow as I've found they make the overall structure a bit unstable x

@lailajayne3 ill have to do some thinking. Opening the sides is useful to clean it out so it can't be permanent. But it needs to be piggy safe!

They do seem to be loving it!

has anyone used this one? My piggies were ignoring the carrot cottage (!) and looked a little bored. Everything I tried they ignored so I gave this a go. They seems to like it but wondered if anyone had any longevity type experience

Molly is inside and I put a pee pad in too!

IMG_1551_zps2zordi12.jpg
Carrot cottage better, they only have to nibble the ties and the house falls down

My piggies had one of those houses but it didn't last very long - all the wee and chewing got to it :). I prefer bendy bridges and carrot cottages as I've found they enjoy them more :) (and they last longer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back