Worried about Rosemary...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rosemary is not very well at the moment because of her abcess although perky in her self, i am worried her eating habbits.

I think that she had fussiness all her life I have really started to study how she eats and she does not eat nearly as much pellets and mix as the other two.

I firstly thought that it was just the pellets that she does not like so they now have mix as well but I think that she just does not like it!

I know that her abcess is not calling weight loss because she eats so much grass, hay and vedgetables but I feel that she needs dry food to.

I'm not sure if I should change their food to another brand. They have had pets at home all their lives but I don't really know what to do about it. She's so much lighter than her sisters. When she was weighed last(yesterday), she was 0.6 kg. The vet said it was not terribly underweight but it was a little.

Any ideas would be taken very gratefully. Thank you.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Pellets are not strictly necessary to a piggy diet; they are often not fed on the continent.

You could try to feed a bit more starchy foods like sweet corn or top her up with mushed pellets or Critical Care. It is difficult with a piggy whose appetite is slacking somewhat and that is therefore rather picky. Make sure that you sprinkle a pinch of probiotics on foods to help the appetite.

If you have some fresh grass, give that in portions. Young grass is quite rich as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.