• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Would A 2x4 With A 1x2 Loft C&c Be Ok For Three Piggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttonlove

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to get a new female addition to my existing two females. I do not have the space to increase their cage to a 2x5 unfortunately. Would a 2x4 with a 1x2 loft be adequate. They get the run of my room every day until I go to bed.
Thank you
Charlotte

i'm not sure because a ramp would eat into the main floor space and the loft won't count towards the overall space, as one floor is meant to meet the requirements ideally.

that being said, some people say 2x4 is the requirement for three, although 2x5 is the preferred. so some rescues may think the space was adequate and some wouldn't. maybe ask around and see what they think. :)

eta: is there the option to make it wider instead of longer?

Last edited:
If you could spare an extra 14 in to make a 3x4, that'd be awesome. That's what mine is for two and it feels a lot more spacious that way. I'd feel a lot more comfortable keeping 3 pigs in something wider.

Thank you all!
Unfortunately I do not have the space to make it a 3 x 4. I'll refrain from doing the loft extension then if it really won't make a difference.

could you make it even a bit
Thank you all!
Unfortunately I do not have the space to make it a 3 x 4. I'll refrain from doing the loft extension then if it really won't make a difference.

is there room to make it even a bit wider? say half a grid? so it's 4 x 2.5? even that would make a big difference and be inbetween the minimum and preferred requirements. :)

It's abit small I think for three but you can compensate by giving them extra floor time. If you are unable to have a bigger set up reader you can extend later

Hi all.
Thank you so much for all of your responses!
I am SO happy to say that my Mum has allowed me to use the spare room for their cage on the single spare bed. They're going to give the mattress away and allow me to put in a 2 x 5 C&C cage with a 2 x 2 loft as a hay room.
This won't be finished till a couple of months as I need to save for the expansion, but I can't wait! I will be getting one new arrival for my girls once it's all done :)

Yes I do. :)
We didn't bother with the grid base, as we found the mattress wasn't bumpy. Would you like me to post a photo? x

That's fab! :D Thank you so much for the photo. No need to apologise for the lighting :) The bed the cage will be is also next to a window, so I feel better about that too now seeing yours. x
Ah you will be perfectly fine then! We have a radiator next to the bed, so we had to turn that off, I was worried about it burning the correx! :xd: X

Ah you will be perfectly fine then! We have a radiator next to the bed, so we had to turn that off, I was worried about it burning the correx! :xd: X

Haha, I can imagine! We have a radiator the other side of the room, so fortunately don't have to worry about that :)
I'm now trying to find a correx supplier. I'd love pink (favourite colour lol) but it seems to be impossible! x

Haha, I can imagine! We have a radiator the other side of the room, so fortunately don't have to worry about that :)
I'm now trying to find a correx supplier. I'd love pink (favourite colour lol) but it seems to be impossible! x
Aw we got ours off ebay. It wasn't too badly priced. £20 or so!
We wanted a colour too, but couldn't see any either. Do you have a sign seller nearby? They may sell some. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back