• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Would megazorb be ok for Gerbils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am using megazorb along with hay as bedding for my piggies and shavings for my gerbils and dwarf hamster. I was wondering if it would be ok to use the megazorb? Any thoughts/opinions please.

I've never used megazorb myself (though i would quite like to get a sack for my guinea pigs) What about mixing it with peat?

I use megazorb for my syrian hamster and shes long haired (regularly brushed with a toothbrush and trimmed in the summer). I used it as it did use it for my rabbits but have now switched to some other horse bedding stuff as I did find megazorb a bit dusty still but nelly seems fine on it so I keep using it for her :) she loves digging it up, the only thing is when she stuffs it in her pouches to move it around, when it comes out, its one big lump :)) xx

I found megazorb very good for gerbils. The problem with peat is that it tends to be quite damp and needs drying which isn't easy. My microwave smelt of peat fires for years until I eventually threw it out after I stated one in it whilst trying to dry peat.

Paula

I use megazorb for my syrian hamster and shes long haired (regularly brushed with a toothbrush and trimmed in the summer). I used it as it did use it for my rabbits but have now switched to some other horse bedding stuff as I did find megazorb a bit dusty still but nelly seems fine on it so I keep using it for her :) she loves digging it up, the only thing is when she stuffs it in her pouches to move it around, when it comes out, its one big lump :)) xx

:)) that sounds lovely lol

I found megazorb very good for gerbils. The problem with peat is that it tends to be quite damp and needs drying which isn't easy. My microwave smelt of peat fires for years until I eventually threw it out after I stated one in it whilst trying to dry peat.

Paula

My gerbils need their cage cleaned so will try them with just the megazorb first. I'm not sure I could be bothered with the drying out of the peat or smelly microwaves lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back