• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Would This Be Big Enough?

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I will be looking to introduce Iggy to the girls hopefully this week or next, I was going to do it in the shed but I'd rather do introductions indoors.

Would an L shaped cage, 4ft x 2ft one side and 3ft x 2ft the other be big enough for the 5 of them? This is what my girls are in now.

Honestly I'm terrified of the proper introduction, Iggy rumblestruts every time he's near them. I'm sure that's not a good sign!

How many square feet is it in total? The minimum recommendation for three pigs is ten square feet, but I think thats a bit small and wouldn't go for less than twelve square feet.

Oh that rumblestrutting is normal, he's just a lad showing off to the ladies:))

Hope all goes well for you all

How many square feet is it in total? The minimum recommendation for three pigs is ten square feet, but I think thats a bit small and wouldn't go for less than twelve square feet.

Oh that rumblestrutting is normal, he's just a lad showing off to the ladies:))

Hope all goes well for you all

Ummm I have no idea XD

Oh yea he shows off like nobodies business! Just hoping he doesn't go for boss because it won't work :)) He tries to be the boss of me all the time XD

4ft x 2ft = 8 square feet
3ft x 2ft = 6 square feet

Total square footage = 14 square feet

If I'm visualising it right, I make it 10 square feet. I did what you did first @arcticfox34 but I thing it would be more like a 4x2 with a 1x2 if it's L shaped. that is the 3x2 is actually partially included in the 4x2

Not the best pictures but...

image.jpeg

It's literally a 4ft x 2ft attached to a 3ft by 2ft.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Please excuse the mess and the cage botch job :whistle: I never did sort it out :))

image.jpeg

@Cavy Kung-Fu Just thought I should add that I would start the bonding process in a bigger, neutral territory so they have more than a two foot width to get past each other and away from each other when trying to avoid conflict. Once they are getting along your set up should be fine :)

@Cavy Kung-Fu Just thought I should add that I would start the bonding process in a bigger, neutral territory so they have more than a two foot width to get past each other and away from each other when trying to avoid conflict. Once they are getting along your set up should be fine :)

Oh yea I've bonded piggies before, I'll probably do it in their outside run as it goes a lot better with grass around :))

Oh yea I've bonded piggies before, I'll probably do it in their outside run as it goes a lot better with grass around :))
Thats ok I hadn't been thinking you meant for the bonding its self, then this morning I had a sudden "what if I've misunderstood!" moment :)) :)). Hope all goes well, I will be watching out for updates. I have some piggies to bond too!

Great set up. Especially like the pink floral fleece. Where did you get it please?

Thats ok I hadn't been thinking you meant for the bonding its self, then this morning I had a sudden "what if I've misunderstood!" moment :)) :)). Hope all goes well, I will be watching out for updates. I have some piggies to bond too!

I hate bonding :))

Great set up. Especially like the pink floral fleece. Where did you get it please?

It came from Primark, it was in a sale so I got 2 for a fiver :)

I like to consult this image.

View attachment 67375
That is a very good chart. I like that it suggests more space than the minimum requirements in the uk. Here 8 square feet is the minimum for twp piggies (which personally I don't think is enough) and then you need to add an other 2 square feet for each additional pig. I say the bigger the better and a cage can never be too big!

Back