• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

You Know You Have Enough Guinea Pigs When...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love loads and to turn my garden into one big piggy run with tunnels but I can always dream. Having 10 is just so not fair. I did have three but am now down to two. :-(

I have a huge garden and my ultimate plan would be to retire early, create a luxury piggy boarding, inside and out and spend all my time with animals. I always wanted to work with animals but it doesn't pay enough so ended up in an office. I often wondered where I went wrong! Although they do all think I'm mad in the office and am known as the guinea pig lady!

They kind of sneak up on you a bit - I clearly had no intention of having 10 girls! Here is how I do the math as far as how much physical space the pets take up:
1 dog = 2 cats
1 cat - 2 guinea pigs
Therefore 1 dog = 2 cats = 4 piggies
Soooo.... i don't have 10 piggies and 2 cats, I really have 2 dogs and 1 cat - I LOVE math - its all AROUND us!
I suggest you explain this to your mum and I am sure she will be fine with it.

Wait I did the math wrong, I forgot the cats, I don't have 10 piggies and 2 cats, I really have 3 dogs and 1 cat!

Mine have a mixture of backgrounds. Some have been part of a large rescue action from a horrible situation or were rescue born to newly rescued pregnant sows. Quite a few are no longer wanted kid's pets. Several middle to older age sows have been widowed and failed to integrate with the residential rescue herd, one youngster was orphaned. A couple arrived as an emergency after an unexpected acrimonious relationship break-up of a forum friend and another couple lost their human mummy, another friend, to cancer. One of my neutered boars was a bully and failed to bond with any boar he was introduced to either by his previous loving mummy, who didn't want him to stay alone but had maxed out, or at the rescue. And one my current lot was born here as a total surprise (mum didn't show); her dad turned out to be a supposedly safe over 5 weeks post neutering op rescue boar who spent a couple of days on the lawn with the rescue herd to get rid of some initial overexcitement prior to rehoming.

I have another one - since my 10 girls reside in my home office...
You know you have enough piggies when...
You have to make sure you feed them their greens before any client phone meetings to prevent them from squeaking during the meeting and risk your clients asking "do you have a baby in the room?" (actually happened! - wasn't sure what was a more ridiculous answer - yes i have a baby in the room or no, its my 10 guinea pigs demanding greens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back