• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Your piggies favorite food?

Sappyshelly

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I haven’t gotten a chance to go to the store in a while and have been feeding the same vegetables to my pigs. I was wondering what your piggies favorite foods are so we can try something new for my piggies. I would love to feel grass, but sadly ours is treated. Leo’s favorite is watermelon and parsley, and Clifford’s favorite is parsley and blue berries. (Neither of these get fed too often). They also both enjoy basil from our garden! :luv:

Cucumber!
My two pigs, and recently deceased pig, have all been obsessed with it! The one who passed honestly would have lived off of it alone if he could have, bless his heart

Parsley is Bruno and Harolds number one treat! Harold loves abit of Apple and banana and Bruno loves peppers and carrots quite standard but Bruno also loves lemon which I only let him try a very small nibble but I think he would have eaten the whole thing if I let him!

My boys really love their hay, but favourite vegetable would probably be cucumber

Hello everyone!
I haven’t gotten a chance to go to the store in a while and have been feeding the same vegetables to my pigs. I was wondering what your piggies favorite foods are so we can try something new for my piggies. I would love to feel grass, but sadly ours is treated. Leo’s favorite is watermelon and parsley, and Clifford’s favorite is parsley and blue berries. (Neither of these get fed too often). They also both enjoy basil from our garden! :luv:
All about feeding guinea pigs ( amounts of fibre and vitamins from each food and what to feed )
I found the forum

Bill and Ted are mostly liking Fennel at the moment from our garden, fine french beans are a firm favourite too as are dandelion leaves

We discovered our two like fine green beans, they love cabbage and broccoli. My husband told my daughter of for feeding them the beans and she just said it's part of their diet! He disagrees so I just suggested she does the veggies when he's not looking!

My last pair, it was blueberries and thyme. And maybe melon, but mostly blueberries and thyme. Comet actually tried to climb onto the arm of the sofa once to get at the punnet of blueberries there. :doh:

Our two love Dill and red peppers and as an occasional treat i cut the leaves off the top of strawberries which they go mad for.

Definitely carrots. Other veggies my boys will get excited for and happily much on. But if they get a hold of a carrot, they will be especially animated and run off with it to a safe spot where no one else will take it from them.

Spring mix lettuce is a favorite here (assorted leafy greens.) They like cucumbers but Hadley only likes the skins (she leaves the middles if they are sliced in circles.) Watermelon. Canteloupe. They are not really picky! LOL!

Mine love all fresh herbs like those you have mentioned but also coriander, sage and thyme. You can grow these on your windowsill all year round which can make it easier if you can’t always get to the shop, and it’s probably cheaper too :tu:

I grow my own cucumbers in summer and my 4 piggies love them. I grow fine green beans but only one of my piggies seems to appreciate them :( They love celery and peppers, but Tilly would rather not eat a slice if there is something else on the menu. All of them like my home grown lettuce and little gem lettuce from the supermarket. Corriander is a fave too.

Back