• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Your piggies favourite hay...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering the boys some snazzy new hay from the hay experts but wasnt sure what to go for next....

They've tried: Hay (lol!), Excel Herbage, Excel Forage, Excel Calamine....

and their fav?

Excel Herbage mmmm (it smells divine!mmmm)

hay

Excel Herbage timothy hay with Chamomile

Mine all love the Alfalfa King Timothy Hay and Oxbow Timothy Hay and Orchard Grass when we get it.

Mine get their hay from 2 different farms, through out different times of year the two farms produce different hays. It's quite fun actually as they never have the same old thing. One they have at the moment has lots of clover dried in it. Maybe you could find somewhere local like that to try for your boys.

I have been trying lots of different different hays to increase Maisie's fibre intake, her favourite at the moment is excel forage although awhile ago I brought a bag of green oat hay for Lily (r.i.p) which was a huge sucess with the girls. Not been able to find it again unfortunatly.

I was thinking of ordering the boys some snazzy new hay from the hay experts but wasnt sure what to go for next....

They've tried: Hay (lol!), Excel Herbage, Excel Forage, Excel Calamine....

and their fav?

Excel Herbage mmmm (it smells divine!mmmm)

I've never been on the hay experts site and have to say...I love it! hehe thankies. Thank god its pay day tomorrow, seen so many thinks I have to buy, treat the piggles, why not :))

Ooo thank you for the replies folks! I might have to try Oxbow meadow hay and Claire Ive never heard of the Timothy hay with carrot and apple it sounds delicious !mmmm drool i wonder if i can eat hay myself....mmmmm

I've never been on the hay experts site and have to say...I love it! hehe thankies. Thank god its pay day tomorrow, seen so many thinks I have to buy, treat the piggles, why not :))

:)) Its great isnt it? Ive been wanting to order from them for a while but never had the pennies so have been putting a little away each day so now i can spend some on lovely hay which i know will go down a treat! Have fun shopping!

:)) Its great isnt it? Ive been wanting to order from them for a while but never had the pennies so have been putting a little away each day so now i can spend some on lovely hay which i know will go down a treat! Have fun shopping!

I went on just thinking it would be hay and bits, but theres everything :) yay! They also have the blackcurrent nuggets the girlies like so much, just keeping an eye on this thread to see what hay people suggest. I normally get massive bags from my local farm shop, will still get these as I go through tonness but it will be nice for them to have some extra tastyness :)

I went on just thinking it would be hay and bits, but theres everything :) yay! They also have the blackcurrent nuggets the girlies like so much, just keeping an eye on this thread to see what hay people suggest. I normally get massive bags from my local farm shop, will still get these as I go through tonness but it will be nice for them to have some extra tastyness :)

Oohhh yes there is so much to choose from drool my boys love the blackcurrent nuggets too! :) I save the barcodes and sending them to Walsall rspca guinea pig rescue so their piggies can recieve free bags for rescue piggies!
http://theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63407&highlight=excel+bar+codes

:)) I usually go through £20 a month on three large bags but they do have some fab offers on esp if you buy in bulk hmmm i might have to do some budgeting!

I love shopping for my boys much more fun than shopping for myself! :)

Hay what comes in bales...with 11 plus guests to feed, I don't buy fancy hay. If the horse eats it the piggies will :))

Never heard of the hay experts, just found their website. OMG I wouldn't know what to buy, never knew there were so many different types of hay :))

Oohhh yes there is so much to choose from drool my boys love the blackcurrent nuggets too! :) I save the barcodes and sending them to Walsall rspca guinea pig rescue so their piggies can recieve free bags for rescue piggies!
http://theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63407&highlight=excel+bar+codes

:)) I usually go through £20 a month on three large bags but they do have some fab offers on esp if you buy in bulk hmmm i might have to do some budgeting!

I love shopping for my boys much more fun than shopping for myself! :)

Thats a good idea saving th barcodes, I think I've read that on here actually :) My girls seem to go through loads, they havent been on the nuggets for long (couple of months maybe) and they loooove them! I buy the normal orange bag and then a small bag of the blackcurrent and mix together. More expense but they wheek for england when the here the bag rustle hehe. And you're not alone, I much prefer piggle shopping than human shopping! aha. Will keep my eyes peeled for some offers, Anything to save money, which will then go on the girlies :D

I know hehe! drool drool too many to choose from!

I normally just go for the normal huge bale of hay but i do like to give them variety so buy them small bags of herbage once a fortnight :)

I buy posh hay to sprinkle over the normal hay (bales) as my piggies love foraging.
Favourites are Alfalfa King timothy hay, Oxbow orchard grass and Burns green oat hay. There are a couple of others that the hay experts do that I will buy when I have some money. rolleyes

I don't blame you. With all those mouths you have to feed. I get hay from bales. Works out much much cheaper too!

Especially as I found out yesterday there is a farm shop literally walking distance from my house....how did I now know about this before?!

They will order my Allen and Page guinea food in for me too at a very good price and are looking to see if they can get my paper bedding for me!

The bale I got today is the first bale of hay I haven't been able to carry, now ok I am tired but I got a helluva lot for my £7.50 today!

Flips, I hide veggies in my hay so they can have a good root around :) sometimes JoJo gets a bit stuck though and you see what appears to be a mound of hay moving of its own accord...

The favourite here is Oxbow Orchard Grass by a mile!

They live on 'regular' meadow hay but have this in their racks. They do have a change somtimes too (VitaVerde usually goes down well) but the Orchard Grass always goes down really quickly.

Willow even popcorns when she knows it's coming! :))

I think oxbow is a winner! :)) Ill be ordering some soon :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back