• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Your Piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWheekies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Was just thinking, I love to read about other piggies and absolutely adore seeing funny pigtures of them. So can you guys please send me a pigture and your piggies name/s? Thanx :)

Here is a bit about mine...

This is Pip, my little grumpy old man

And here's little Chip, Chipmunk as I call him (he's a monkey who chews everything)

I have two boys, Sam and Frodo. Afraid no photos at the moment as I'm on my phone. I've had them for almost 2 months now and they're settling in well. This morning they wheeked for their veggies for the first time ever! It was very quiet wheeking but I was still over the moon as I was beginning to think they just weren't going to do it ever! They've also started to get bolder and don't always run a mile when I go near them; especially Frodo who's always been the slightly braver one - in fact their personalities really do resemble their name sakes! I'm planning on posting a full '2 month' update (with photos) soon :)

You're asking for trouble here! Piggy lovers love to talk about their piggies! I got into piggies by "accident". Then 13 year old granddaughter & I were in a petshop buying supplies for dogs & fish. As usual we looked at all the birds, ratties, mice & piggies they had. This was post-Xmas & there was one boy piggy left. A shop assistant rushed over to inform us that she would sell him to us half price as he was 11 weeks old and would have to go. For some reason granddaughter & I had the exact same thought & looked at each other in panic - go where? - PTS? We bought him & all the accessories the shop assistant advised we needed. Having had a hamster in the past I thought it would be the same sort of pet keeping. Then came the research & shock horror - the cage was way too small, they need vitamin C, they need a friend, there are piggy rescues! After I had Hazelnut for 7 months (with a bigger cage, fresh vegies) I put in a request at a rescue to adopt the first male baby they had ready to go & so we acquired Peanut Butter. (We don't have piggy dating here.) After a month we discovered PB had dental issues & has to have his teeth seen to by the vet every month. Hazelnut is now almost 3 years old & PB was 2 years old last August. They are now in their 4th cage 120cm x 120cm because I keep buying more & more stuff for them & need bigger cages. They have taken over my life & heart. I wouldn't have it any other way, I love them to bits. I have a plaque that reads "this house is ruled by guinea pigs" with a piggy reclining on sofa, crown on head & teacup on belly. Even the dog loves them & rushes over whenever they wheek & if I'm not right behind her she comes & gets me to attend to them. Long story but you asked for it!

Here's my favourite photo of Hazelnut (the dark boy) & PB (the 2 tone boy).

Oh wow, you got your piggies to share a sack peacefully! Mine get seriously grumpy when they share one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back