• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

your thoughts please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigwig

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but .........

How would you decscribe the male pig personality ? I am considering getting a neutered boar for the girls and wonder how ' different ' he might be from the girls. I've not owned a boy pig or really had any contact with boys. Rats and rabbits have marked personality differences between male and female and I wondered if this is the same for piggies ?.

Boys can vary very much in personality from extremely laid back to very dominant.

Boys are generally smellier, because of the testosterone especially in their pee. And their bum end can need more (smelly) cleaning.

I have had a cross gender pairing between a lady who was 2 1/2 years than her boy, and it was a very loving relationship indeed!

I'm new to boars only a few days i have had my basil but already i can see he is laid back mind you hes not in with the sows yet but my sows run and hide under there blankets ect but he doesnt but this could also be because hes a pet shop pig :) p.s i have noticed he does smell much more than my girls but that dosent bother me i just love him no matter how bad he smells lol drool x)

I put my neutered boar in with my 4 sows and it's been brilliant. The girls aren't bickering half as much, in fact not at all. It's brought them all closer together. They have been together for a few days and it's like he's always been with them. I'd never have it any other way now!

He gets a little frisky every now and again but the girls put him in his place so don't worry about that!

Smell wise, one boar is hardly noticable with good bedding, I've started using Megazorb and now mine don't smell at all after even 4 days without cleaning litter trays (I used to do it daily with just newspaper).

I say go ahead, you won't regret it! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back