• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Your weekly veg

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kellie

Ok, I am interested to know what veg you buy on a weekly basis and roughly how much you spend as I think I dont buy enough variety and I spend too much as we only have a supermarket and no greengrocer shops.

I spend maybe anywhere between £5-£10 a week and I buy...

celery
curly lettuce
little gem lettace
cucumber
baby carrots
parsley
broccoli
bag of mixed greens
either baby corn or sweet baby pepper
cherry tomatoe

sometimes I buy other things such as Kale

oooohh, anywhere between £20 and £30 a week, depending on what I buy for them; I have them too ;)

a mixture of, (not every week);

cabbage of all types
cauliflower
carrots
carrots with the green stalks on
few cucumbers
broccolli
apples
bananas
corn on the cob
mini corn
brussel sprouts
courgettes
fine beans
Beetroot greens
mango
sometimes leeks
bean sprouts
pumpkin - nearer halloween

Think that's it! ;)

Kelly and piggies xx

Thank you, mine dont seem to like fruit at all, might try the bean sprouts!

Ooh, I buy the whole veggie department!

Green Beans
Apple
Celery
Hearts of Romaine (Lettuce)
Mixed Greens
Carrots with leafy tops
Corn
Grapes
Banana
Brussels Sprouts
Cucumber
Dill
Kale
Parsley
Broccoli

And loads more! My pigs will eat anything ;D

I did shopping for my gang yesterday - this will just about last the week if I'm lucky!

4 bags of carrots
10 cucumbers
3 celery
4 round lettuce
3 romaine lettuce
1 bag spinach
1 chinese leaves
3 cabbage
2 boxes cherry tomatoes

They have a variety of other things too but the above is the menu for this week!

Kate

I'm lucky enough that I can get to a wholesaler who sells crates of veggies quite cheaply. I spend anywhere between £5 and £10 a week depending on what I buy. If its just after payday the piggies get bell peppers, parsley, grapes, romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes. When I'm skint towards the end of the month its more greens, tomatoes and apples, lol. In the summer they get less veggies and more grass as they prefer the grass (it helps save on funds too!) My bill for cucumber can go through the roof though when its really hot, as the piggies love it and it helps keep them cool ;D

I spend between £10 and £15 a week on veggies for my lot.

Love

Claire
x

I haven't got a clue either... I always buy a bit and when it runs out I go and get some more lol. Never buy loads at a time.

My mum's friend always has left overs which are all in good condition of veg so the piggies at my mums house gets lots of brocolli, carrots e.t.c

mine get a good variety living in the country we are lucky to have home produce places and having so many hotels b and bs etc we can all buy in bulk and organic so mostly I get them from there but occasionally go to the supermarket, but i often get things like carrot tops and greens etc free from these places when they know its for my piggys they let me have them for nothing, you can always ask, I dont tend to give mine lettuce because it can apparently give them diaroeah so they get it as a treat
mine adore melon bananas and cucumber hate tomatoes and not too keen on much fruit

I have fussy piggies so they will only eat on weekly basis:

Cos Lettuce (fancy lettuce)
Cucumber
Hay
Carrots
Corn

They occasionally eat apples

I'd love to give them more grass, but there is none in the area I live in.

Mine get a staple supply of Spring Greens and Carrots. If I have anything else in the house that doesnt get use then they get that too.

I dont tend to feed apples because of the acid in them but mine do like a bit of pear and melon as a treat.

Parsley is also a favorite with them but not too often.

I went out and brought some parsley, after reading about it on the board. put it in the hutch and they sniffed it and walked away.

Very confusing ?

i spent £3 on my piggies veggies yesterday

2 cucumbers
1 bag of carrots
cauliflower
broccolli
celery
lettuce

they are really fussy when it comes to fruit.. they really dont like it hehe

and when i think they deserve it they have a mound of grass! hehe

Yday, I went food shopping for my boyfriends house and only had about £50 to spend. Because I didn't want to go over £50 I used the phone on my calculator to add up the price of everything and the first isle I was in was salad e.t.c. I spent nearly £10 just on food for the girlies. It is dreadful how much they charge for cucumbers, tomatoes, celery e.t.c. They want us to eat better as they said obesity is rising however I would much rather spend less on something which tastes nicer. I would be more willing to eat healthy food if they lowered the cost on it a bit!

do you not have a furit and veg shop they are usually cheaper or the market/farmers markets.

We have one in town but its just the trouble of getting there. I hardly ever go into town.

do have a local market near you i know near us there is on on a saturday one on a wednesday and one on a friday, i always get my fruit and veg from there and its so cheap, i got 25 baby satusmas a punnet of plums 5 kiwis a mango 8 banannas all for £5 and I'm sure i had something else oh 5 pears too thats cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back