Zooplus- what a lovely service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Heyoo all,

I ordered the boys a new hidey two weeks ago from zooplus and it arrived this morning....the packaging was open, the roof of the hidey had bad water damage and the front of the hidey was completly snapped off and broken, as well as this the hay rack which was meant to be attached was snapped off and pieces were missing.

I phoned zooplus up, and they refunded me straight away and said that they didnt want the broken hidey back.

So not to waste the hidey wood....I'm going to try and fix it with wood glue and use spare bits of wood from the shed to support it a bit better perhaps screw it together (if thats possible!), as for the hay rack I'm going to attach left over garden mesh and hope that works too!

Heres the hidey on zooplus:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/cabins/152471

Heres mine:
hidey.jpg

The backs not attached as its missing screw holes to attach the wooden screws to the two ajoining sides...

The front:
broken.jpg

Water damaged roof:
waterdamage.jpg

I hoping that with some woodglue and extra wood support it'll stay up...it has a fair few cracks down the side pannels too.fingers crossed, i hate throwing things away that i know with a bit of support it can work!

Anyway i just wanted to comment on their lovely customer service, I'm going to put the refunded money away for the boys birthday birthday in june and buy artie a grassy tunnel from zooplus.
:)

:) Laura xx

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thats good service. I would fix it aswell, rather than waste it :)

yeah! Its relatively okay, minus the cracks and damaged wood just needs some tlc and I'm sure i can get it sturdy again! :)

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i love good customer service :))

Me too! Ive never had a problem with zooplus products, and i'll happily buy from them again and again, they were brilliant when i bought the boys run the courier brought it round to the back garden for me :)

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow thats pretty shocking since I've had such good experiences of Zooplus! Glad you got your refund though :)

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow thats pretty shocking since I've had such good experiences of Zooplus! Glad you got your refund though :)

It seems to me like it was someones returned and then they sent it back out, or its been dropped in the shop...it came with that tight palstic wrapping but that was already opened and most of the hidey was in the box, but I'm glad i got a refund and hopefully i can sort it out!

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I love Zooplus, that's great that they sent you a refund with no fuss about it.

One of my Zooplus orders got lost in the post and I contacted them and they sent another one straight away. :) I'm still hoping for the original one to show up months later! :)) Then I'd have yet another run for my bunnies :)

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I love Zooplus, that's great that they sent you a refund with no fuss about it.

One of my Zooplus orders got lost in the post and I contacted them and they sent another one straight away. :) I'm still hoping for the original one to show up months later! :)) Then I'd have yet another run for my bunnies :)

I love zooplus too they're a fab site...and ooohh fingers crossed I hope it turns up for you :)! Id love to know how something as big as a run gets 'lost' in the post! :))

CandyFloss

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had great service from them too and part refunds for things just slightly damaged in the post or replacements sent out straight away. Their prices are good too - and you can earn points to use on products later.
x

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I love zooplus too they're a fab site...and ooohh fingers crossed I hope it turns up for you :)! Id love to know how something as big as a run gets 'lost' in the post! :))

I have no idea! Apparently it got to Ireland and then the post office delivers it and they lost it! Maybe some other lucky guinea pigs got a free run!

Someone saw the postvan in my town one day and the back was full of loads of Zooplus boxes, and they thought they were for me but they weren't, so I wonder who it was :)) I'm always ordering loads of stuff, the postman stopped to talk to me one day and looked at all my hutches and runs and said "Oh you're the girl I'm always delivering to!"

Is it bad that I'm half tempted to order something big and then claim it never showed up :)) just kidding! It'd be easy to do though cos I don't have to sign for them and the postman leaves them in the carport!

Reaction score
Oh awesome! I saw this website and was wondering if it was serious and everything! I will definitely order stuff for my piggy then, thanks for the good review :)

Status
Not open for further replies.