• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What made you happy today?

Simple things. I’m happy because I managed to book early slots for my sons parents evening next week.
well that’s some kind of achievement!
Definitely an achievement that would make me happy!
Booking parents evening slots with our youngest has always been a pain because he wasn't capable of doing it himself, but his school started using something called 'edulink' recently - so I could get online and book the slots myself as soon as they were available. Much easier!

Booking parents evening slots with our youngest has always been a pain because he wasn't capable of doing it himself, but his school started using something called 'edulink' recently - so I could get online and book the slots myself as soon as they were available. Much easier!
Snap! The school uses EduLink as well. Luckily I’m off that week. The girls one is the week after. I didn’t get to school early enough so didn’t get the slots I wanted. Hopefully we’ll be home before my son.

We had something similar, but found it was impossible for parents with twins to organise and coordinate appointments, as you could only log in and book appointments for one child at a time, and you weren’t allowed to book consecutive appointments due to potential disruption if one teacher ran late and it impacting on other teachers. So by the time you booked the first appointment to see a teacher and then logged in to book a slot with the same teacher for the second child , you couldn’t have the next slot and then all the nearby slots had already been taken. On our first attempt we had appointment slots spanning 4 hours! Once we pointed this out to the powers that be they realised that it was discriminatory for those with twins and offered us a designated assistant at school who could book consecutive appointments for us.

We had something similar, but found it was impossible for parents with twins to organise and coordinate appointments, as you could only log in and book appointments for one child at a time, and you weren’t allowed to book consecutive appointments due to potential disruption of one teacher ran late and it impacting on other teachers. So by the time you booked the first appointment to see a teacher and then logged in to book a slot with the same teacher for the second child , you couldn’t have the next slot and then all the nearby slots had already been taken. On our first attempt we had appointment slots spanning 4 hours! Once we pointed this out to the powers that be they realised that it was discriminatory for those with twins and offered us a designated assistant at school who could book consecutive appointments for us.
How frustrating! If they had the same teacher I would have booked one a lot for both.

We had something similar, but found it was impossible for parents with twins to organise and coordinate appointments, as you could only log in and book appointments for one child at a time, and you weren’t allowed to book consecutive appointments due to potential disruption if one teacher ran late and it impacting on other teachers. So by the time you booked the first appointment to see a teacher and then logged in to book a slot with the same teacher for the second child , you couldn’t have the next slot and then all the nearby slots had already been taken. On our first attempt we had appointment slots spanning 4 hours! Once we pointed this out to the powers that be they realised that it was discriminatory for those with twins and offered us a designated assistant at school who could book consecutive appointments for us.
Very trying! One of the SEN staff used to help book slots for us. Our slots ended up spread over about 3 hours when we booked it ourself , in case of overruns. A tiring evening 😑

Well done him, but I'm sure you do yourself down, @Betsy !
Thanks but really I'm not I never passed my Maths O Level! Not sure where he has his Maths brain from! Probably my Dad but he was an Industrial Chemist who invented bubble mixture and superglue amongst others he wasn't a Maths whizz.

Thanks but really I'm not I never passed my Maths O Level! Not sure where he has his Maths brain from! Probably my Dad but he was an Industrial Chemist who invented bubble mixture and superglue amongst others he wasn't a Maths whizz.
What did you do well in?

I'm happy I got to work early enough to give the fish tank a thorough clean before I was supposed to start work I really do pity that poor goldfish in it's tiny tank with no filter and bright blue gravel especially when he hasn't had a water change in over a week. 🐟

What did you do well in?
@Betsy makes some jolly tasty cakes, so domestic science must have been high scoring?
A whizz with knitting needles (like yourself @Siikibam ) so craft/textiles high scored?
Very chatty ;)
(meant in a nice way :D ) so social skills are a strong point :hug:
And I reckon animal husbandry must have been right up there with the positives too

Bringing up your children well & the one I've met seemed a lovely lad, a real credit to you :D

Ps you can't be that bad at maths, you know how to add & subtract stitches/rows, cast on & cast off.... & always 1 bottle of wine max! ;)
So Jacky your not as bad as you try to make out! :eek:
Xx

I'm happy I got to work early enough to give the fish tank a thorough clean before I was supposed to start work I really do pity that poor goldfish in it's tiny tank with no filter and bright blue gravel especially when he hasn't had a water change in over a week. 🐟
Who’s meant to clean it out?

What did you do well in?
Not sure really.... I can knit! Give me a pattern and I can knit it. I can cook. My Dad said I had to learn how to cook well as a way to a man's heart is through his stomach! I'm not a bad cook - nobody has been poisoned.

@Betsy makes some jolly tasty cakes, so domestic science must have been high scoring?
A whizz with knitting needles (like yourself @Siikibam ) so craft/textiles high scored?
Very chatty ;)
(meant in a nice way :D ) so social skills are a strong point :hug:
And I reckon animal husbandry must have been right up there with the positives too

Bringing up your children well & the one I've met seemed a lovely lad, a real credit to you :D

Ps you can't be that bad at maths, you know how to add & subtract stitches/rows, cast on & cast off.... & always 1 bottle of wine max! ;)
So Jacky your not as bad as you try to make out! :eek:
Xx
Thanks @GPTV! You are so lovely to say all those wonderful things about me :hug: and you have made my day. This has made me happy today!

You may not be academically fab but I’ve found that some people are savvy despite that. So please don’t put yourself down. You’ve contributed to your son’s brain power, and obviously brought him up to be studious. so be proud of yourself. 💓

Who’s meant to clean it out?

the staff that usually work in that room (it's in a nursery) I'm an agency worker so I'm not there often enough to routinely put time aside to do it and I'm assigned jobs to do for most of the day so I have to do it outside of my paid hours. the staff are busy people and I do sympathise with them but I really struggle to see why you would have a pet if that's the case. It's not like it's teaching the children responsibility if no one is taking responsibility for it.

Not sure really.... I can knit! Give me a pattern and I can knit it. I can cook. My Dad said I had to learn how to cook well as a way to a man's heart is through his stomach! I'm not a bad cook - nobody has been poisoned.

Thanks @GPTV! You are so lovely to say all those wonderful things about me :hug: and you have made my day. This has made me happy today!
@Betsy knitted me a beautiful jumper and she’s a brilliant baker.
There’s so many talented people on the forum and it makes me happy to pop on and hear / see good news, wonderful photos etc

the staff that usually work in that room (it's in a nursery) I'm an agency worker so I'm not there often enough to routinely put time aside to do it and I'm assigned jobs to do for most of the day so I have to do it outside of my paid hours. the staff are busy people and I do sympathise with them but I really struggle to see why you would have a pet if that's the case. It's not like it's teaching the children responsibility if no one is taking responsibility for it.
You’re right they shouldn’t have it if they can’t take proper care of it...maybe drop hints...

What made me happy today?

Hubby bought us new phones! :yahoo: I opted for a Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite and he opted for a Huawei P30 Pro. He got a great deal from Sky Mobile and it was really time to replace our old phones (well hubby's phone is 4 yrs. old and he's been complaining it's crashing all the time, especially the GPS). ☺

Back