• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A Fun Way Of Bonding With Your Piggies!

court29x

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I thought this would be something good to do if you want play time with your piggies without getting wee/poo all over your floor and its ideal for someone with confined space. My boyfriend and I purchased a waterproof picnic blanket from Ebay only £7.99 and we place it on the bed and use our legs as barricades (to prevent them from running off the edge) to give the girls some run around time if its raining and they can't go in the garden. The wee isn't absorbed by the blanket but it doesn't go through to my bed or floor and with a bit of kitchen towel to soak up the wee quickly its a really great way to have some play time with the piggies! I've attached a photo of the blanket we purchased, I hope this maybe helps someone! :inn: (they also fold up which is great for storage!)Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 23.02.00.png

Have you had to wash it yet? I have a picnic blanket I was going to use, but was worried about the plastic in the washing machine. I've got a fleece blanket and an old groundsheet for now, so I can wash the blanket on its own, but a picnic blanket seems like so much less effort for play sessions, with much less chance for leaks.

Have you had to wash it yet? I have a picnic blanket I was going to use, but was worried about the plastic in the washing machine. I've got a fleece blanket and an old groundsheet for now, so I can wash the blanket on its own, but a picnic blanket seems like so much less effort for play sessions, with much less chance for leaks.
I haven't washed it yet but I will let you know when I do!

I've used a picnic blanket since April and haven't had to machine wash it at all. I hang it on TV Elaine and the weather does the rest

Back