A place to rant about things that wind you up ( keep it clean lol)

• Thread starter Thread starter DMS260820
  • Start date Start date
I blocked off one entry hole in the front door frame yesterday after watching one squeeze outside. Jon said the hot water pipes are probably a likely place they can get it, so he’s going to crawl under the house tomorrow to have a look.

oh was it! I did wonder who made it, and hoped someone on here had! All the pigs love it, it’s so well made. Thank you :clap:
So glad you and your piggies like it x
Gosh he is a brave man, watch out for those spiders and snakes :yikes:

Not a rant, more of offloading. I’m struggling to switch off and finding something to do. I have things I can do - read, knit, watch tv. I also need to read someone story and give them feedback. But I’ve been struggling to find something to watch on tv for a while. And now I’m feeling tired because, despite a late(ish) night, I was up by 7 - brain decided it was time to wake up.

PS bit of a rant. I got an email about the tv licence today. Ended up working out it’s a fake one! Good thing I didn’t log in 😭

I got a fake Royal Mail email today, it said I have to use a link to pay extra for a parcel to be delivered as the sender had not paid enough, checked and there’s nothing outstanding so we think it’s a fake too

@Siikibam I'm not surprised you are finding it hard to switch off as you've been so busy recently. Have you tried just sitting in a chair with your eyes closed and just deep breathing?

In through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose ....

Are you more relaxed yet?

Watching the post office staff member THROW a fragile package onto the pile. Please let it get there undamaged!

@Siikibam I'm not surprised you are finding it hard to switch off as you've been so busy recently. Have you tried just sitting in a chair with your eyes closed and just deep breathing?

In through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose 1, 2, 3 and out through the mouth 1, 2, 3 and in through the nose ....

I’ll try it again when there isn’t such background noise 🤣 I could do with a nap but need to cook dinner.

If she isn’t, then I am…. I ended up doing it!

The Pingdemic, it's worse than the lockdowns. No post, no bins emptied, no trains, empty shop shelves, the Country has gone even madder! I thought 2020 was bad, 2021 is turning out to be far worse so far.

I got a fake Royal Mail email today, it said I have to use a link to pay extra for a parcel to be delivered as the sender had not paid enough, checked and there’s nothing outstanding so we think it’s a fake too
I've had 2 of these over the last 2 days. I've not even ordered anything recently lol.

I’ve had several of these over the past couple of weeks.

Had to put one of my lovely Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish to sleep a little while ago :( She’s got worse all week, looks like it was her swimbladder causing troubles and she’d not eaten for a couple of days. I was hoping she’d slip off peacefully but she was obviously a fighter bless her ❤️
It’s a comfort knowing she’s not suffering anymore but it’s a bloody horrendous thing to have to do to your babies 🙈
Sleep tight little girly xx

Had to put one of my lovely Lake Kutubu Rainbowfish to sleep a little while ago :( She’s got worse all week, looks like it was her swimbladder causing troubles and she’d not eaten for a couple of days. I was hoping she’d slip off peacefully but she was obviously a fighter bless her ❤️
It’s a comfort knowing she’s not suffering anymore but it’s a bloody horrendous thing to have to do to your babies 🙈
Sleep tight little girly xx
Aww I’m sorry. I remember doing this with one of my beloved goldfish Goldie. It’s so sad. Xx

Aww I’m sorry. I remember doing this with one of my beloved goldfish Goldie. It’s so sad. Xx
Oh sorry you had to do the same with Goldie, poor fishy 😞
Thank you. It’s so horrible. I use clove oil as it’s a really humane way, you put in a dose to sedate them and then the stronger dose a little while later to send them to the bridge. Thankfully she was quite peaceful but in the past I had a little lad that flapped and went a bit mad, it haunts me 🙈
I hate having that responsibility keeping fish tbh and would much rather a vet do it, but after nearly 15 years I’ve had to do it a few times now, not nice ☹️ xx

Oh sorry you had to do the same with Goldie, poor fishy 😞
Thank you. It’s so horrible. I use clove oil as it’s a really humane way, you put in a dose to sedate them and then the stronger dose a little while later to send them to the bridge. Thankfully she was quite peaceful but in the past I had a little lad that flapped and went a bit mad, it haunts me 🙈
I hate having that responsibility keeping fish tbh and would much rather a vet do it, but after nearly 15 years I’ve had to do it a few times now, not nice ☹️ xx
Yes I used clove oil the same way you describe. Luckily I only had to do it once. But that was enough. Much love xx

SLUGS! Urgh horrible things. I keep finding them in my Dining Room. Before I went away last week I found loads of little baby slugs on the walls on the floor and on the windows. Last night I went in the kitchen and there was one about 3" long happily sliming it's way across the tiled floor:yikes:. Well that went outside very quickly with the help of a bit of kitchen roll (and a lot of bravery from me! 💪).

Yes I used clove oil the same way you describe. Luckily I only had to do it once. But that was enough. Much love xx
Thank you ❤️ Yes once is definitely more than enough!
It’s the anniversary of losing my three girls last year atm, a year since my old Rosie cat on weds and I was a tearful bugger, knew it’d set me off again! 🤦‍♀️ Thanks though @Lavinia xx

Thank you ❤️ Yes once is definitely more than enough!
It’s the anniversary of losing my three girls last year atm, a year since my old Rosie cat on weds and I was a tearful bugger, knew it’d set me off again! 🤦‍♀️ Thanks though @Lavinia xx
Aww. Too much sad all at once. x

Aww. Too much sad all at once. x
Me and Daisy had cuddles with her weds morning though, she misses her sis bless her!
F16D9A1F-6876-45C6-A6D5-5004E3DCE94C.jpegDA9FA1FF-DB64-4B02-BBDC-66CF6BF62941.jpeg
My lovely Arnie and Jess’s soon :eek:! I’m not good with death and grieving! 🙈XD I’ll be fine though, got my wonky lot looking after me 🙂 xx

Last edited:
Not a good weekend for the wildlife in & around my garden 😕
Yesterday I found a decapitated pigeon in my garden. This morning I saw a dead hedgehog in the road outside, and just now I found a dead small bird, young Robin I think, on the road ☹☹☹☹☹😪
Why are drivers so careless?

Not a good weekend for the wildlife in & around my garden 😕
Yesterday I found a decapitated pigeon in my garden. This morning I saw a dead hedgehog in the road outside, and just now I found a dead small bird, young Robin I think, on the road ☹☹☹☹☹😪
Why are drivers so careless?

I know it's not great, but there's every chance a driver wouldn't have seen them from the car - and even if they did see them, avoiding them could have caused a car accident and in those circumstances, the safer option is to keep going. It doesn't make it any better, but small animals are hard to see on a road, especially once daylight has started to wane.

Car garages! Took my car for it's MOT today, also ordered 2 new front tyres as I knew it wouldn't pass without them being changed, have just rung to see if it was ready and it's not it's waiting for a retest because it's failed.............

Anyone care to guess?!! 🤬

Car garages! Took my car for it's MOT today, also ordered 2 new front tyres as I knew it wouldn't pass without them being changed, have just rung to see if it was ready and it's not it's waiting for a retest because it's failed.............

Anyone care to guess?! 🤬
It’s hate car garages!

Not really a rant but didn’t know where else to post it.
I’m very sad as had to have one of my 8 year old degus put to sleep on Tuesday. Leaving his same age brother alone and I’m projecting all my human emotions onto him!
It’s just such a long time to have a small creature and I can’t help but be very sad about wondering what his brother makes of it all. ☹️☹️☹️

Not really a rant but didn’t know where else to post it.
I’m very sad as had to have one of my 8 year old degus put to sleep on Tuesday. Leaving his same age brother alone and I’m projecting all my human emotions onto him!
It’s just such a long time to have a small creature and I can’t help but be very sad about wondering what his brother makes of it all. ☹️☹️☹️
Did you bring your Degu home and show him to his brother so that his brother understands what's happened?

Did you bring your Degu home and show him to his brother so that his brother understands what's happened?
I did. Same with all my animals. His brother gave him a little groom and then walked away. Cried my eyes out watching him.
I think he looks a little sad now but he’s eating and seems to be managing ok. Just a bit quiet. Poor bubba.

Waited months for a hospital appointment which I finally had and I’m honestly going to get a second opinion. I didn’t feel listened to or comfortable with how they are going about what’s happening with me. I feel fobbed off :( x

It seems I may need a new laptop. The screen in my current laptop suddenly started flickering and jumping about like a badly tuned TV. I haven't downloaded anything on it that I shouldn't have nor have I clicked on any dodgy liinks in emails. I restarted it and that didn't change anything. Son no 3 assured me that if I get a new laptop all my photos will be safe and can be transferred to the new one. I hope so as I have hundreds of piggy photos and videos on there as well as all my photos of eBay stuff too. Just have to hope I remember all the passwords!

Back