• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

A Ruby question from DD1.

Swissgreys

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just to clarify that DD1 (Dear Daughter 1) is 13, and the one and only person that Ruby likes (aside from my Aunt who lives in Australia and is therefore not a regular vistor in our home in Switzerland).

DD1: Mum, if i ask you a question do you promise to give me an honest answer?
Me: Yes. Well probably anyway.
DD1: While I am at school during the day do you sometimes secretly cuddle Ruby?
Me: No. Absolutely not.
DD1: Never? Do you ever bring her down to sit on your desk while you work?
Me: Um, no. It never really crossed my mind, because I don’t think having Ruby wandering over to bite me periodically would be helpful for my productivity.
DD1: If I worked from home I would cuddle Ruby all day. It would be amazing, because even if my job was boring I would be cuddling Ruby so I would be happy.

I just love that my reasonably intelligent 13 year old thinks that all I do while she is at school is secretly cuddle a guinea pig that either bites me or shrieks at me every time I touch her.

And just becasue she looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth (until you are actually on the receiving end of her fury) here is a photo of Ruby.

IMG_1401.png

She is gorgeous, but she obviously doesn’t like you though! They are funny with all their different personalities, each one unique x

🤣🤣 sorry! How dare you even consider cuddling ‘her Ruby’ on the sly! 😁 it’s funny how they can be picky. Our boy Fudge didn’t used to let me husband stroke him. And Chanel used to only let him stroke her. I’d approach cautiously and she’d just run!
Ruby is a beauty.

I am still slightly worried that my daughter clearly thinks I am struggling to fill my 'free' time while she is at school.
They are out of the house for less than 4 hours!
Although if Ruby were a more tolerant pig I would be tempted to snap a few selfies of the pair of us at my computer just to torture DD1 :whistle:

I don't think I'd go near Ruby she sounds a fearsome beast! She looks realy cute though but as we all know looks can be deceptive ......

Back