• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Also - can angry pigs have Bach's Rescue Remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a vague idea that I read somewhere that Bach's can be used for animals. Can it be used for guinea pigs, and if so, how?!

Thanks

Maria

I dab a drop on the back of their ear or the bald bit behind their ear. :)

In extreme cases of shock I have put a drop in their mouth, but not using the glass pipette on the bottle in case they bite down on it!

Sophie
x

Thanks!

That's excellent advice about the glass dropper; that's exactly the kind of dumb-a*se thing I'd do!

Thanks!

Maria

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
I went to a talk on Reike for animals and all the natural products we can use on pets, and Bach's was mentioned you can now get it in a pets formula.

Heres a link but i suspect you could get it cheaper

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescue-Remedy-Pet-10-Liquid/dp/B001FUNBC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289905895&sr=8-1[/ame]

ajb

Junior Guinea Pig
What is Bachs Rescue Remedy?
It's a homeopathic medicine, so only get it if you believe in that. Personally, I wouldn't. As far as the actual ingredients are concerned, it's basically brandy. The most expensive 10ml of brandy you will ever buy.

paulag

Teenage Guinea Pig
I'm not convinced that it is a good idea to give alcohol to guinea pigs. Their livers haven't evolved to cope with it the way that ours have.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.