• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Also - can angry pigs have Bach's Rescue Remedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a vague idea that I read somewhere that Bach's can be used for animals. Can it be used for guinea pigs, and if so, how?!

Thanks

Maria

I dab a drop on the back of their ear or the bald bit behind their ear. :)

In extreme cases of shock I have put a drop in their mouth, but not using the glass pipette on the bottle in case they bite down on it!

Sophie
x

Thanks!

That's excellent advice about the glass dropper; that's exactly the kind of dumb-a*se thing I'd do!

Thanks!

Maria

I went to a talk on Reike for animals and all the natural products we can use on pets, and Bach's was mentioned you can now get it in a pets formula.

Heres a link but i suspect you could get it cheaper

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescue-Remedy-Pet-10-Liquid/dp/B001FUNBC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289905895&sr=8-1[/ame]

A couple of drops can be added to their water too. I'd definitely recommend Bachs Rescue Remedy for animals! :)

What is Bachs Rescue Remedy?

It's a homeopathic medicine, so only get it if you believe in that. Personally, I wouldn't. As far as the actual ingredients are concerned, it's basically brandy. The most expensive 10ml of brandy you will ever buy.

I'm not convinced that it is a good idea to give alcohol to guinea pigs. Their livers haven't evolved to cope with it the way that ours have.

Paula

I've given a tiny bit to my dogs when they've been stressed; not sure about guineapigs?

It's a homeopathic medicine, so only get it if you believe in that. Personally, I wouldn't. As far as the actual ingredients are concerned, it's basically brandy. The most expensive 10ml of brandy you will ever buy.

I think I will pass, thanks for letting me know what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back