• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Anaesthetic safety

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Thanks.
Lunch box is packed with their favourites - lots of cucumber and dill particularly.
Bag packed with hay, nuggets and forage.
Snuggles will go in tomorrow morning.
I’m glad to be working all day to distract me.
I will post my news on Phoebe’s thread tomorrow so as not to hijack yours.
Will be looking out for your update tomorrow evening

Potterpig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Tag me in your thread please so I can check in on her too 😁 I'll post on here as soon as the veg rings. I'll probably be sitting outside the vet then anyway.... 😂

Potterpig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My son has cranio sacral therapy we need to leave soon so hopefully by the time that finishes and we get home it won't be long til she phones. We did discuss the anaesthetic again and she said as he's well if the risk was that high she wouldn't put him through the surgery she would just carry on draining as and when. I was awake from 3.15 so once the phonecall has come and he's doing good it's nap time o clock! I can't pick him up til 6.30-7 x

Potterpig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Vet finally just phoned (I have ring in myself in the meantime and they had a hold up with another surgery so buzz didn't go down til 2pm). He's fine! He's up and about, they've not tried to feed him yet. Apparently there was a lot of abnormal lymph nodes so she's removed all of them and that should be that. She said it could happen on the other side though but we will cross that bridge as and when. I can't wait to see him, pick him up at 6.30 😁 his stitches are internal she said so neither of them can get to them and they'll dissolve themselves. Hoorah!

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Great news he's up and about, you must be so relieved! Worrying about the lymph nodes but good they got them in the same surgery. The waiting is the hardest thing, when Theo was neutered his surgery was delayed by an emergency surgery and I was literally sick I was so worried.
Healing wheeks for a swift recovery for your boy! X

Potterpig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Great news he's up and about, you must be so relieved! Worrying about the lymph nodes but good they got them in the same surgery. The waiting is the hardest thing, when Theo was neutered his surgery was delayed by an emergency surgery and I was literally sick I was so worried.
Healing wheeks for a swift recovery for your boy! X
Thank you! I questioned her about the nodes thinking oh gosh does this mean its something more and she said no it's where they've harboured a huge infection. Apparently pigs can get infected nodes? So she said just taking them all means it's definitely over for him 💖 she only rang ten mins ago and I'm already twitching with my shoes on to get out the door lol

Potterpig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you! He's eating but he is still pretty drowsy. He's had some hay, cucumber, grapes and coriander. His face is a bit swollen it makes his eye look a bit closed but he seems okay, they're very happy with him. He's back Monday unless he doesn't pick up himself tomorrow. He is on sulatrim now x

rhymer

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
So glad Buzz 's operation went well, sounds like you have a great vet.
Sending healing vibes for a speedy recovery.
Is he back with Woody today?
Hugs to you all.xx