• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Anyone Used This Probiotic?

Piggy mum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all
Wondered if anyone has used the below probiotic for their pigs. I have a pig with a sensitive digestive system and want to start him on a long term probiotic to help him out. Had a look at the ingredients but not too sure what I’m looking for! Any advice? He has fibreplex at the moment but it is proving VERY expensive.

@Piggy mum There isn't a list of ingredients unfortunately and as it's listed as for cats, dogs and guinea pigs I'd be inclined to assume it probably doesn't have the right ingredients.

I agree that Fibreplex is pretty expensive!

I tend to use Pro-C from Pets at Home. It's in a white tub with a yellow label. That one is specifically for small furries.

My vet recommends that I use a tube of Fibreplex every 6 weeks or so, and use Pro-C in between.

I don't sprinkle it on his food, I mix a tiny bit in 1ml of water and syringe it to him. My boy LOVES it, and he hates Fibreplex.

@Piggy mum There isn't a list of ingredients unfortunately and as it's listed as for cats, dogs and guinea pigs I'd be inclined to assume it probably doesn't have the right ingredients.

I agree that Fibreplex is pretty expensive!

I tend to use Pro-C from Pets at Home. It's in a white tub with a yellow label. That one is specifically for small furries.

My vet recommends that I use a tube of Fibreplex every 6 weeks or so, and use Pro-C in between.

I don't sprinkle it on his food, I mix a tiny bit in 1ml of water and syringe it to him. My boy LOVES it, and he hates Fibreplex.
That’s really helpful thank you! I’ve seen that one it’s pets at home but was always dubious about them ones they sell in there! I’ll give it a go thanks.

Had a closer look and it has a lot of wheat in it- not what I want at all! But thank you anyway

My Brambles got quite a sensitive digestive system too, at the moment she's getting burgess duel care pellets and protinex probiotic pellets alongside her regular pellets, her appetite has increased loads, she's gained weight and her poops are larger, lots more hay is getting into her and she is a lot more energetic :) it's been far easier than trying to sprinkle powders onto her food that she may or may not eat :doh:

Pro c and also avi pro plus always go down well with our piggies I think vet uk online are quite reasonable price wise.

My Brambles got quite a sensitive digestive system too, at the moment she's getting burgess duel care pellets and protinex probiotic pellets alongside her regular pellets, her appetite has increased loads, she's gained weight and her poops are larger, lots more hay is getting into her and she is a lot more energetic :) it's been far easier than trying to sprinkle powders onto her food that she may or may not eat :doh:
Yah ak for that, I have never heard of those pellets before.

I mix my fibreplex in a bit of mushed pellets; that goes down well even with those piggies that don't like it. I currently have a piggy with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) after a GI stasis and another with an adverse reaction to a strong antibiotic due to a persistent eye infection (it is thankfully clearing, but taking its time as it has gone into the eye). when I am not giving fibreplex, I am adding a generous portion of avipro plus or pro C to the mushed pellets. Both probiotics have a pretty similar composition.

Glad Bramble is doing better. Pinky is finally getting over his bloat after 5 weeks of the battle!

I will go and buy some pro c today and will syringe into his mouth, otherwise he won’t eat his food.

I mix my fibreplex in a bit of mushed pellets; that goes down well even with those piggies that don't like it. I currently have a piggy with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) after a GI stasis and another with an adverse reaction to a strong antibiotic due to a persistent eye infection (it is thankfully clearing, but taking its time as it has gone into the eye). when I am not giving fibreplex, I am adding a generous portion of avipro plus or pro C to the mushed pellets. Both probiotics have a pretty similar composition.
Pinky seems to love the fibreplex! Smells like orange calpol? But then he does wheek for his medicines :xd:
I might have a look for the burgess duel care pellets. I have changed mine to grain free woodlands pellets, and they’ve decided after weaning them onto them that they now don’t like them :mal:

Back