Are these ok for guinea-pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was going to get a rabbit in April but my Mum's changed her mind, so I now have a few rabbit toys, would these be ok for guinea-pigs? It says they are on the packaging but I just wanted to double check here?

rabbitthings002.jpg

rabbitthings003.jpg

I just wanted to check because I know there are some pet shops that sell toys as suitable for guinea-pigs when sometimes they aren't.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you :) Sorry it seems like a stupid question when the packaging says they are but I was a bit worried about the colours in the wood? I had a coloured wood roll along ball for them before and all the colour came off it and went all over the guinea-pigs and I don't know if they chewed it if it would be bad for them?

Cat&ThePiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think they would be fine. My boys get stuff like that as they love gnawing on them and I've never had much trouble with the paint/dye. If my piggies do get it on their fur, it normally just wipes off with a damp cloth or when they have a bath.

hippoman

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If they're like my girls they might just ignore them but they do like the prunings from an apple tree - they nibble the bark and they love the leaves.

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think it'll be ok. I'm sure the dye is none harmful, if it's for pets. I hope so anyway :)

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you :) I gave the guinea-pigs half of them because there's quite a lot of them, and it's a good thing I didn't give them all of them because Mum's changed her mind back, and I can get a rabbit in April :)

Fudge and Rainbow :)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
aww so sorry to hear you're not going to be getting some buns now. :( I know how much you were looking forward to it. But yes I think those will be fine for your piggies.

ETA: YEY! Just read your mum changed her mind back :(|)

Reaction score
lol mine have got the coloured bars that screw either side of the hutch the piggies are fine with the colour coming off as it wipes off them easily but I got it on my hands and the colour wouldn't come off for days, I was walking around with pink and blue on my hands :red

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you everyone :) They used to have a multi coloured roll along ball thing and Roy was rolling it along with his nose and he had red and blue colouring all over his face :))

Reaction score
I was going to get a rabbit in April but my Mum's changed her mind, so I now have a few rabbit toys, would these be ok for guinea-pigs? It says they are on the packaging but I just wanted to double check here?

rabbitthings002.jpg

rabbitthings003.jpg

I just wanted to check because I know there are some pet shops that sell toys as suitable for guinea-pigs when sometimes they aren't.

I'm looking for some treats and chews from the same brand, can I ask where you got them from? :)

Congrats on getting a rabbit too

Status
Not open for further replies.