• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Are these ok for guinea-pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was going to get a rabbit in April but my Mum's changed her mind, so I now have a few rabbit toys, would these be ok for guinea-pigs? It says they are on the packaging but I just wanted to double check here?

rabbitthings002.jpg

rabbitthings003.jpg

I just wanted to check because I know there are some pet shops that sell toys as suitable for guinea-pigs when sometimes they aren't.

Thank you :) Sorry it seems like a stupid question when the packaging says they are but I was a bit worried about the colours in the wood? I had a coloured wood roll along ball for them before and all the colour came off it and went all over the guinea-pigs and I don't know if they chewed it if it would be bad for them?

I think they would be fine. My boys get stuff like that as they love gnawing on them and I've never had much trouble with the paint/dye. If my piggies do get it on their fur, it normally just wipes off with a damp cloth or when they have a bath.

If they're like my girls they might just ignore them but they do like the prunings from an apple tree - they nibble the bark and they love the leaves.

I think it'll be ok. I'm sure the dye is none harmful, if it's for pets. I hope so anyway :)

Thank you :) I gave the guinea-pigs half of them because there's quite a lot of them, and it's a good thing I didn't give them all of them because Mum's changed her mind back, and I can get a rabbit in April :)

aww so sorry to hear you're not going to be getting some buns now. :( I know how much you were looking forward to it. But yes I think those will be fine for your piggies.

ETA: YEY! Just read your mum changed her mind back :(|)

lol mine have got the coloured bars that screw either side of the hutch the piggies are fine with the colour coming off as it wipes off them easily but I got it on my hands and the colour wouldn't come off for days, I was walking around with pink and blue on my hands :red

Thank you everyone :) They used to have a multi coloured roll along ball thing and Roy was rolling it along with his nose and he had red and blue colouring all over his face :))

I was going to get a rabbit in April but my Mum's changed her mind, so I now have a few rabbit toys, would these be ok for guinea-pigs? It says they are on the packaging but I just wanted to double check here?

rabbitthings002.jpg

rabbitthings003.jpg

I just wanted to check because I know there are some pet shops that sell toys as suitable for guinea-pigs when sometimes they aren't.

I'm looking for some treats and chews from the same brand, can I ask where you got them from? :)

Congrats on getting a rabbit too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back