Are these safe for guineas?

HeatherW

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My mum likes to get treats for her "grand pigs", but I'm always cautious before giving them any! Are these safe for guineas? I know they can eat corn, but is a hard dried cob okay?

20210213_125635.jpg

Also, a lot of treat sticks I see often contain cereals. Can guineas eat these, or at least in small doses?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I would not give either of these to piggies.

the sticks contains honey and seeds neither of which which shouldn’t be fed To piggies
Those corn sticks look dangerous to me...the kernels are possibly hard – thereby a choking hazard, but also I’m sure I’ve heard stories of kernals from those things sticking on their teeth

HeatherW

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I would not give either of these to piggies.

the sticks contains honey and seeds neither of which which shouldn’t be fed To piggies
Those corn sticks look dangerous to me...the kernels are possibly hard – thereby a choking hazard, but also I’m sure I’ve heard stories of kernals from those things sticking on their teeth
Thanks! That was my thinking. I don't trust treats like this branded for guineas.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
How lovely of your mum to buy a gift for the grandpigs. But I agree that I wouldn't want to be giving that to my piggies, either. I just don't trust any of those sort of treat sticks.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
How lovely of your mum to buy the treats, but I think @Piggies&buns suggestion to point her towards Piggies Parcels is great .
Mum can spoil the piggies and it won’t waste her money by getting unsuitable treats.

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My mum did the same at Xmas @HeatherW, lots of seedy ones along with a few teeny beds bless her! Half of the seedy ones went to her garden birds and the rest to mine, felt a bit bad as she’d gone out of her way (never gets the piggies anything normally!) but at least the birdies got a feast :)