• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Are these safe for guineas?

HeatherW

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My mum likes to get treats for her "grand pigs", but I'm always cautious before giving them any! Are these safe for guineas? I know they can eat corn, but is a hard dried cob okay?

20210213_125635.jpg

Also, a lot of treat sticks I see often contain cereals. Can guineas eat these, or at least in small doses?

I would not give either of these to piggies.

the sticks contains honey and seeds neither of which which shouldn’t be fed To piggies
Those corn sticks look dangerous to me...the kernels are possibly hard – thereby a choking hazard, but also I’m sure I’ve heard stories of kernals from those things sticking on their teeth

I would not give either of these to piggies.

the sticks contains honey and seeds neither of which which shouldn’t be fed To piggies
Those corn sticks look dangerous to me...the kernels are possibly hard – thereby a choking hazard, but also I’m sure I’ve heard stories of kernals from those things sticking on their teeth
Thanks! That was my thinking. I don't trust treats like this branded for guineas.

How lovely of your mum to buy a gift for the grandpigs. But I agree that I wouldn't want to be giving that to my piggies, either. I just don't trust any of those sort of treat sticks.

How lovely of your mum to buy the treats, but I think @Piggies&buns suggestion to point her towards Piggies Parcels is great .
Mum can spoil the piggies and it won’t waste her money by getting unsuitable treats.

someone once bought my pigs a pack of yogurt coated chocolate drops :yikes: safe to say, they went in the bin!

My mum once brought the pigs a fleece house for Christmas - it was £25 and I use it everyday still!

My mum did the same at Xmas @HeatherW, lots of seedy ones along with a few teeny beds bless her! Half of the seedy ones went to her garden birds and the rest to mine, felt a bit bad as she’d gone out of her way (never gets the piggies anything normally!) but at least the birdies got a feast :)

Back