• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

At a loss

GI Jayne

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I'm hoping you can help. I introduced my guinea pig to the Burgess excel food with mint but he hates it. I decided to try him on Burgess excel with blackcurrent. He hates that. I used to be able to buy the Burgess excel with plain nugget but I cant find it anymore. Has anyone got any suggestions please. Hes having fresh fruit and hay as well. Thanks

Harrington’s is a good all round pellet, but not sure if you can get this, are you based in the uk? veggies are better than fruit as fruit contains lots of sugars, fruit should be a treat once a week x

:agr: Have a good look at the nugget chart and feeding guides, they will help you make an informed choice that is also based on your budget and piggies needs :D

Hi there, My girls use to have Burgess until they added mint then they won't so kin. So i have put them on gain free Science Select ,it took a couple of weeks but now they love it. good luck finding the right one for your piggy :luv:

Another vote for the grain free Science Selective pellets - my two absolutely adore them!

Mine love the Science Selective grain free pellets. But like toddlers they do go off things at times.

What I don't get about science selective grain free is why do they only come in 2kg bags? I like to bulk buy :))

Wait actually it's just 1.5kg! I buy my science selective in 10kg bags

The bags of SS grain free used to look an ok size a year ago... but now we have 7 piggies and one is a starving skinny who hoovers up pellets like a bat-hippo-demon I think I may need to inform Amazon subscribe and save that we need more delivered every month! They are a great pellet though, piggies love them :)

My two loved the Burgess Mint and the Harringtons (Comet preferred the mint though...which was hilarious, because he didn't really like actual mint). They also hoovered up the Tesco ones I bought when I forgot to bring any of the others with me when I was in the south of England for three weeks. I was kind of miffed at that actually, the Tesco ones aren't great but my head was on a different planet at the time. Needs must and all that.

Il steal betsy, I'm on my way to southampton in an hour😉 ( i really am😁)

When i e mail the company they said they don't do bigger sacks in the gain free only the normal one. Why i don't know but its a pain when you have a few piggies on the pellets.

Back