• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Baby Rats! - Picture Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus+walter

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We finally got out tiny trio of rats.
After losing Quinn last year, I didn't think that we'd get any more. Poor Harley is still going strong and I'm hoping once the boys are bigger that we can introduce them (she's an old lady so won't get pregnant or get the boys riled up).
So here they are...FB_IMG_1422878290145.jpg1 brown smooth coat with tiny top ears, 1 grey/brown Rex with top ears and 1 grey and white Rex with dumbo ears.
20150201_204020.jpg This is my little one, Finn. He's such a sweetie and relaxed with me very quickly. 20150201_195200.jpg He gave himself a little bath during our first cuddle time, very good sign that he's relaxed.
It gets even better! He then curled up to me for a tiny snooze!2015-02-01 20.50.04.jpgI worried that he was getting cold so I got his little cuddle cup that I made earlier 20150201_210544.jpgFB_IMG_1422824828993.jpg I think he likes it :D
The other 2 boys are my fiancé's. He hasn't named them yet but I think he's calling one Other Barry (if you watch Archer you'll get the reference). They are such little fuzz balls of energy it was very difficult to take clear pictures.20150201_220824.jpg20150201_220733.jpg :D so happy with my rodent and reptile family!

Thanks guys :D
Today I sat and watched them playing....Two hours passed before I could tare myself away. They have so much energy and they even popcorn! I didn't know they did that?!
They all have been named now; Finn (my boy, I love Adventure Time and he looks like he's wearing a hat like the characters). Other Barry (OH's obsession with Archer continues) and Ron (named after Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation, the manliest man in the universe!)

So cute! I love rats. I had pet mice for years as a child as well.

Ohhh myyy goshh! Soooo cute! I love rats! Think their little hands and feet are soo cute!

It totally melts my heart when they grab the tip of your finger and just hold it for a while :D

eeeeeee! That's the noise I make thinking about a rat holding your finger! awww I'd be so obsessed with them!

eeeeeee! That's the noise I make thinking about a rat holding your finger! awww I'd be so obsessed with them!
I did a bad thing today out of my obsession. They were all snoozing in the tunnel and I went over to say good morning and they all opened their eyes so I put my hand in and took the tunnel and rats out for a cuddle (and to empty the tunnel of tiny poos). Later my fiancé came home and I said I was worried because they were asleep most of the day and wouldn't play with me....turns out that they're nocturnal and our older girl is just mad for attention so will wake up and be ready for playing as soon as I walk into the room. I felt so guilty that I'd woken them all up just for a cuddle!

I did a bad thing today out of my obsession. They were all snoozing in the tunnel and I went over to say good morning and they all opened their eyes so I put my hand in and took the tunnel and rats out for a cuddle (and to empty the tunnel of tiny poos). Later my fiancé came home and I said I was worried because they were asleep most of the day and wouldn't play with me....turns out that they're nocturnal and our older girl is just mad for attention so will wake up and be ready for playing as soon as I walk into the room. I felt so guilty that I'd woken them all up just for a cuddle!

hahaha awww, I bet they loved the cuddles though! lets face it, they can sleep when they want really ;)! Cant always have cuddles with mummy!

hahaha awww, I bet they loved the cuddles though! lets face it, they can sleep when they want really ;)! Cant always have cuddles with mummy!
Sleepy cuddles are the best for bonding (that's what I told myself anyway).
I'll be up til silly hours of the morning now playing with them and trying to teach them tricks. They're a bit young, but it's good for them to know what bribery is from a young age :tu:

Sleepy cuddles are the best for bonding (that's what I told myself anyway).
I'll be up til silly hours of the morning now playing with them and trying to teach them tricks. They're a bit young, but it's good for them to know what bribery is from a young age :tu:

hahahaha, They'll be able to do some amazing tricks when there older though! Start 'them young!

We had rats at college which I loved, but they were so bitey! Literally couldn't put food in without getting bitten by them! in the end we had to wear gauntlets to get them out for cleaning!

hahahaha, They'll be able to do some amazing tricks when there older though! Start 'them young!

We had rats at college which I loved, but they were so bitey! Literally couldn't put food in without getting bitten by them! in the end we had to wear gauntlets to get them out for cleaning!
I taught my old girl how to "up up" (worked with the piggies too" and how to run from one hand, up my arm and across my shoulders to my other hand. It was amazing and took a lot of cheerios as bribery!

One of the boys is a little nibbler but only very gently. Were the rats at college handled a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back