• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bear passed away today, I feel so broken 😢

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately I found Bear had passed away today,
He had been struggling with his feet, arthritis had caused his front paws to swell up and become scabby, we had been fighting a battle to get him better again for a few months now, to vets and back again trying to get him better.
Two days ago I found he had opened up one of the scabs again, which had been healing nicely for a few weeks but today when I found him I realised he had ripped the whole scabby part and the bottom of his paw-pad off while I was out, I think he had died from a mixture of the blood loss and stress.
I don’t know if he got it caught on something and accidentally pulled it off or if he did it to himself because of the pain and irritation, But all I know is I found him too late to help him.

He was coming up to 9 years old, my old guy, and was the last from my original group of Bear, Taini, Georgia and Lottie.

I’m so upset, lm trying hard to not blame myself, The if only’s were kicking in today, If only I had checked on them sooner I might have found him sooner, ect.

I feel awful that he would have been in such pain when it happened and I wasn’t there to comfort him in his last moments,
At least he was with his two girls Anya and Aurora, But they would have been distressed by his own stress and pain so it’s a bitter sweet thought,
I do think we were on borrowed time with him due to his age and the illnesses that brings, since his Arthritis was due to his age, which Lead to his scabby and swollen paws. But then again, it was getting so much better, we were all happy with how they were healing up again.

Please keep him in your thoughts tomorrow when I will be able to bury him, I’m a pagan, so I will be giving him a very special burial.
It feels so bitter sweet that he’s passed so close to Lottie, who passed a few weeks ago.
I know he found it hard to have lost her too, so maybe that was part of why he seemed to dip again.

Goodbye my sweet boy.
You were so special to me.
I won’t be able to forgive myself for not being with you during your last moments,
But I know your happy with your girls again over the rainbow bridge, I’ll take special care of your remaining little ones.
Goodbye Bear 😢😢

He had been struggling with his feet, arthritis had caused his front paws to swell up and become scabby, we had been fighting a battle to get him better again for a few months now, to vets and back again trying to get him better.
Two days ago I found he had opened up one of the scabs again, which had been healing nicely for a few weeks but today when I found him I realised he had ripped the whole scabby part and the bottom of his paw-pad off while I was out, I think he had died from a mixture of the blood loss and stress.
I don’t know if he got it caught on something and accidentally pulled it off or if he did it to himself because of the pain and irritation, But all I know is I found him too late to help him.

He was coming up to 9 years old, my old guy, and was the last from my original group of Bear, Taini, Georgia and Lottie.

I’m so upset, lm trying hard to not blame myself, The if only’s were kicking in today, If only I had checked on them sooner I might have found him sooner, ect.

I feel awful that he would have been in such pain when it happened and I wasn’t there to comfort him in his last moments,
At least he was with his two girls Anya and Aurora, But they would have been distressed by his own stress and pain so it’s a bitter sweet thought,
I do think we were on borrowed time with him due to his age and the illnesses that brings, since his Arthritis was due to his age, which Lead to his scabby and swollen paws. But then again, it was getting so much better, we were all happy with how they were healing up again.

Please keep him in your thoughts tomorrow when I will be able to bury him, I’m a pagan, so I will be giving him a very special burial.
It feels so bitter sweet that he’s passed so close to Lottie, who passed a few weeks ago.
I know he found it hard to have lost her too, so maybe that was part of why he seemed to dip again.

Goodbye my sweet boy.
I won’t be able to forgive myself for not being with you during your last moments,
But I know your happy with your girls again over the rainbow bridge, I’ll take special care of your remaining little ones.
Goodbye Bear 😢😢
So sorry for your loss . 9 years old its absolutely amazing.

You did everything you could! He lived a very long life which is a testament to your love and devotion to him. Hugs to you sweetie! I am so sorry for your loss!

Oh how terribly sad. 9 is an amazing age. He was obviously loved very much and so well looked after. Please don't blame yourself. You looked after him incredibly well . What ifs are a natural part of the grieving process.

He is now with his girls at the Rainbow Bridge. He's in his prime, playing zoomies and popcorning away happy to be pain free.

Look after yourself while you grieve you special piggy. :hug:

So sorry for your loss. 9 years is amazing, he truly had happy and loving life.
Sending hugs at this difficult time.
Sleep tight little Bear.xx

Goodbye my sweet boy.
Goodbye Bear 😢😢
Sorry for your loss. 9 years is an incredible age for a piggie so well done you for giving him such a long & happy life 💙 i hope today goes well x

What a wonderful piggie Bear was. Forget how he died and stop beating yourself up about it. . I know it's hard to do but we all have what if after a loved loss. It's a hard feeling and most of us do it .
You must have hundreds of fun times and them will allow you to smile and remember what a long and great life you shared.
Nearly 9 wow what a fantastic age and you made that possible after years of love and TLC.
RIP Bear. Be free and enjoy Rainbow World.

Last edited:
Bear mut have been so well cared for! It definately wasn't your fault. You guys must have had amazing time during the years he was with you. Guinea Pig deaths are so sad, but at least he will be with his girls. I can tell you trully miss Bear, and so will all the others that have met him. He must have been an amazing little piggie.

RIP Bear, You will be missed dearly x

I only wish I could have had my boy Pig for 9 years.... that is amazing❤️❤️🐷and could only have been thanks to your love and care... so be kind to yourself... you’ve been the best you could be to your piggie.
My boy died this past Monday 😞

I only wish I could have had my boy Pig for 9 years.... that is amazing❤️❤️🐷and could only have been thanks to your love and care... so be kind to yourself... you’ve been the best you could be to your piggie.
My boy died this past Monday 😞
Hello. I'm sorry your piggie also died. How are you doing. Has he got a Rainbow Message.

I am so sorry for the loss of your piggy, they had the most perfect life with you.

Sleep well little one

RIP Bear
x x

Goodbye my sweet boy.
Goodbye Bear 😢😢

I am very sorry - feel proud that Bear has lived to such an outstanding age. He would have got a card from the Queen if he were a human!

But it is not making the pain of the loss any easier when you have had him for so long and have been fighting the complications from a gradually weakening immune system and blood circulation for so long as old age has been starting to take its inevitable toll. The loss of a mate can shift an already precarious balance to the wrong side, unfortunately, especially in older piggies and long time companions. I have experienced this myself. It is hard for us loving humans to take although I'd like to think of it as a blessing for the piggies involved.
If it helps you, try to picture Lottie and Bear together, back in their prime and both healthy again. ;)

Both Lottie and Bear remain in your hearts and leave a lot in terms of so many precious memories. I imagine the legacy from former piggies as little furry guardians looking out over my current piggies - what I have learned from them is profiting those I have now in so many little and major ways.

RIP Bear

So sorry to hear of your loss.
9 is an amazing age - a real tribute to your love and care.
Hope tomorrow goes well.
Look after yourself and allow yourself time to grieve

Back