• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bedding?- What Do You Use?

Best bedding?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggieNinja

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A reveiw on the type of bedding you use would be very helpful as I am looking for a bedding (or mix of different beddings ) that fit my criteria:
  • It needs to be almost if not completely dust free as one of my guinea pigs is very sensitive
  • It must be good at preventing odors and not smell it's self (a problem I faced with megazorb)
  • No woodchippings ; as i couldn't find a brand without dust
please dont suggest fleece either as i do partially use that.Any suggestions on where to buy the substrate, or bedding mixtures that work well would be greatly appreciated . :D (what do people think of easibed/ aubiose?)

I love aubiouse.I use it in my litter trays and it works fine.Totally dust free.My son has asthma and it doesn't bother him at all

Sorry my vote won't help you at all. I use fleece and bed mats downstairs and puppy pads and megazorb upstairs.

That's my indoor cage.

Outside hutch is puppy pads and shavings.

I do use meadow hay in both.

I've never seen this auboise. Away to look it up!

i did try carefresh at the start. It's really good but far too expensive for me

Never used Aubiose for guinea pigs but used it for hamsters and liked it. Found it very absorbent. Currently use fleece for main cage area and finacard or paper pellets for the hay loft area.

I use Auboise in my pig's shed as it's quite like a horses stable and I needed some thing that would not cost too much. I get a 20kilo bale for £8.60 from my local equine place and it lasts about 6 weeks. I don't remove all the bedding each week, just what's dirty and about 1/3 gets thrown overall each week. It's really good smell wise but I do find I cough when I'm doing the full clean out as I turn all the bedding over which will release more particles than if I just scooped it up and threw it out! It's much better than miscanthus bedding which I've also tried, but not used anything else!

I use Fitch paper bedding and burgess excel dandelion and marigold herbage popcorn loves it

I use FreshBale - a cardboard bedding similar to finacard. Its completely dust free and pretty economical - I have 12 piggies currently.

I use FreshBale - a cardboard bedding similar to finacard. Its completely dust free and pretty economical - I have 12 piggies currently.
Thank you for specifying - how would you rate it for absorbency (in comparison to wood chippings

I'm using carefresh, haven't got my piggies yet but I've used it for rats in the past and it's great at absorbing and keeping smells away. Plus doesn't irritate my daughters asthma like woodshavings do.

Thank you for specifying - how would you rate it for absorbency (in comparison to wood chippings
I'd say it was pretty similar. Wood chippings may be fractionally better at absorbing but the cardboard wins hands down for having no dust and also it doesn't stick in my longhaireds coats. I have Lunks and any kind of woodchip/shaving/hemp etc gets stuck in and is a nightmare to get out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back