• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bloddy pig!

I'm a bit intimidated, Blod has set herself up as a piggy mafia boss in the hayroom with 2 bodyguards? She doesnt look at all impressed with all the vet attentions and vet plans does she...? That's some serious "pig eye" grudge she's got going on...! Still no honks today, just some scary hormonal attitude...! I'm not as scared as Theo though he is hiding under a pee pad with his paws over his eyes :)
20210220_141534.jpg

Oh Blod, you are such a stinker! I'm glad you're feeling well enough to have jumpy fun times though. FYI @PigglePuggle, when Flubs had funny and then awful breathing it was a last-ditch injection of diuretic that clued us into his heart condition.

Like Blodwen, he had a very puddle-like stature, like a half-filled water balloon! The diuretic changed his body shape completely, he was so much more compact, like a barrel. He's starting to puddle out again but we can't up his diuretic as it makes his tummy dodgy when we do poor lad. Fingers crossed for the vets!

After our emergency crazy injections we used dog/cat furosemide -- 5mg twice a day (very high dose but he was full of fluid) , a 20mg pill halved, crushed, and dissolved in 2ml of water did the trick for dosing. We've since switched to Frusol as my dyspraxic hands can't crush the tiny pill effectively...

Oh dear that BLODDY PIG...!
Has abruptly stopped eating :(
Eating hay fine this afternoon, gave her the evening meds, served dinner... she ate 3 pellets and a quarter of a cucumber slice then walked off, nibbled one strand of hay... and then tensed up and pulled the face of tummy upset, went and sat facing a corner looking sad...
I guess this may be a doxycycline thing...? She's never stopped eating before!
So I encouraged her into a fleecy house that catches poops well to monitor output, and a couple of hours later we do have poops and her tummy is soft, but... wont eat.
Luckily I found a tube of fibreplex in the piggy first aid kit drawer that I panic bought just in case during the first lockdown, gave her a bit...
So another sleepless night, then tomorrow's plan is:
8am frusol, doxycycline, loxicom, bisolvon
Try encourage eating
10am fibreplex
Monitor poops and tummy, phone vets
Maybe some recovery food?
Clean out all the piggy cages...
Then repeat the meds
Encourage eating or syringe feed
More fibreplex
...and repeat. Daily. For ages.

I really wish Bloddy Pig (aka the chlamydia duck of doom) would just stop all this and get better...!

Come on bloody Blod. Please be a good girl for mum, dad (and all the piggies on this forum) and have more than a nibble.

Hugs @PigglePuggle

Oh no poor Bloddy pig, is that nasty medicine giving you a poorly tummy. Hope you start to feel better soon. Sending healing vibes fro me and the piggies.xx

Oh no! Poor little Blod, bet it’s the AB’s, syringe feeding at the ready slave. Hope she starts eating soon x

Oh dear! Blodders you have caused your Mummy and Daddy so much worry you need to start eating again or you won't get better.

Oh Blod you little troublesome beauty! Great if she’ll eat it off the spoon with no stress, my Jess would do it too and so much easier than being an evil, forceful pig mum! Aw I really hope she feels a bit better and gets scoffing more by herself soon @PigglePuggle :hug:x

Blod! Be a good girl for your piggy slave! Eat your noms! Get better soon little one. 🐹

Rutland House vets suggested they wanted to admit her as an in patient but I'm very reluctant to do that because she would be very stressed and I think all she needs is some gut stimulant prescribing, and recovery food and probiotoc shovelling in her mouth several times a day while watching her bum for poops... she's got an appointment with the local vet tomorrow anyway...

Back