• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blood In Urine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veggies Galore

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pigs have been in boarding for a few days - she feels awful and so do I. My guineas recently had some blood in their urine but this stopped when I cut out celery leaves from their diet, When they were in boarding, they were given some dandelion leaves and at least one of them has blood in their urine again.

I will be giving them the I C diet from now on and arranging a vet check up.

Is there anything else I can do ?

How odd, any squeaking when weeing etc....?

No squeaking at all. Max is a bit subdued so I think he is the culprit- all 3 are eating Ok.

Keep an eye on them anymore best see a vet in case of a UTI, may be a bit of inflamation though. We have had 2 interstitial cystitis piggies, there's used to calm down with a few days of low dose metacam...

Thanks . I'll separate them tomorrow and wait for them to wee. I have some specimen pots so I can take a sample to the vets if needed. Poor Max is due a check up on Wednesday anyway as he got a hay poke last week. His eye has cleared up -and now this !

Thanks . I'll separate them tomorrow and wait for them to wee. I have some specimen pots so I can take a sample to the vets if needed. Poor Max is due a check up on Wednesday anyway as he got a hay poke last week. His eye has cleared up -and now this !

Sometimes it all comes at once, lets hope this is just a blip. Give Max a cuddle for me.

Poor boy, hopefully it is just a UTI though it would make sense for any IC issues to flare up after a slight change in diet. Let me know if you need any test sticks as I have lots spare.

Poor boy, hopefully it is just a UTI though it would make sense for any IC issues to flare up after a slight change in diet. Let me know if you need any test sticks as I have lots spare.

Thanks for the offer Helen.

My vet us very good so I'll drop a sample off tomorrow .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back