• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Boys Vs Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's all down to personal preference. I haven't been keeping boars as long as sows, I find boars are a little more relaxed and less hormonal, but I don't prefer one sex over the other :)

I don't think many people will prefer one or the other, many people on the forum keep both sexes :D Although I do own two girlies so I'm a bit biased lol

I've had boars longer than sows, boars are pretty relaxed but that depends on their age I think, in saying that my 2 and half year old still rumble struts his cage mate... he should already know he's the dominant one!

The sows we have pee on each other, argue, mount each other, pee on my dog...

Yeah it can get quite messy! I've forever cleaning it off the walls... windows... windowledge!

@HansPiggies for us, when the girls are arguing, one will turn to pee on the other, my girls usually move or the pee goes over them, girls are a bit dirty in comparison to boys, that's my personal opinion and experience from having my girls :) We have to have a taller back on their cage which helps unless they are doing it towards the front of the cage...

@HansPiggies for us, when the girls are arguing, one will turn to pee on the other, my girls usually move or the pee goes over them, girls are a bit dirty in comparison to boys, that's my personal opinion and experience from having my girls :) We have to have a taller back on their cage which helps unless they are doing it towards the front of the cage...
Omg well I never knew, so glad you told me, changes my mind about having girls haha!

I agree with Kerrie, they aren't that bad! I'd rather wash pee off the walls then cut boar glue out of a coat lol

Hmm boar glue or pee... hmmm :hmm: I'll say I'd rather the glue as it's only happened once! The peeing on the other hand.. they pee'd on the dog again I think it was last week, one went to pee on the other but it arched and went out the cage again *sigh*

My two girls have never had a fight with each other where as my boys used to fight a lot. I am biased at the moment as I have 5 girls so I prefer girls right now. though in the future I would definitely consider getting some boys again. They are all just lovely, boys or girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back