• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Brownie... blood in urine...

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I noticed she had a little bit of a dirty bum with poo so I thought I will give her a bum bath.. then noticed she was making a different noise - she is my most vocal pig and is always shouting me when i don't give them their dinner but this was more of a whimper... I popped her in a box with some kitchen towel and when she did a wee, there was blood :(
the noise is so sad.... no noise when posing though so i guess thats good - if you know what i mean.....

She has lost a bit of weight too... calling the vet today as soon as they open.. never had anything like this before so obviously hoping medication will fix it....

So I noticed she had a little bit of a dirty bum with poo so I thought I will give her a bum bath.. then noticed she was making a different noise - she is my most vocal pig and is always shouting me when i don't give them their dinner but this was more of a whimper... I popped her in a box with some kitchen towel and when she did a wee, there was blood :(
the noise is so sad.... no noise when posing though so i guess thats good - if you know what i mean.....

She has lost a bit of weight too... calling the vet today as soon as they open.. never had anything like this before so obviously hoping medication will fix it....

All the best! let us know what your vet thinks!

A sample of her wee that I took in...

She has been given 0.6 Baytril a day
And .15ml of Metacam a day

Have to go back Friday for a check up..
He said she was clearly in pain when he felt her abdomen and tummy..

Thank you... her face was quite sad when she was doing a wee....you can just tell when your piggies aren't themselves x
You are absolutely right, when you know your piggies well you can often tell when something is bothering them. Hope Brownie makes a speedy recovery.x

Let’s hope the antibiotics and metacam kick in quickly and she soon feels better.

Back