• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&c cage and changing the shape with a roof

Iggleandpiggle959

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello so I am looking for a new cage for my piggies. I was looking at a 2x6 c&c with a lid but am worried that it will not fit in my space but was wondering if I could turn it into a 3x5 I think? Would the lid be able to work on it and the floor? Thank you

A 3x5 is absolutely fine in itself but it can come with challenges - although that depends on your point of view!
Supporting a lid on a cage which is three grids wide requires extra support bars to span the width. Also, a cage which is three grids wide is slightly harder to clean out as it’s too wide to reach all the way across easily.
It’s all possible though.

thank you, would I be able to make my own lid if I bought extra grids separately?

Yes. You will just need to calculate how many grids you’ll need, cable ties to act as hinges and a support bar which is long enough

It’s great you want to give them a 2x6 (or equivalent) - the more space the better, but if you’re worried it’s too big, a 2x5 c&c meets size requirements for two boars (which measures 180cm x 77cm).

Back