• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C+c cages

There are two main options DIY where you buy the grids and the base separately or you can buy a set with the correct amount of grids and pre cut and scored correx, obviously the DIY version is cheaper but more work!
Did you want to do it yourself?

Make sure the grids that have 9 holes. They are usually sold with connectors but I (and many others) used cable ties as well. You then join the grids using the connectors in whatever configuration you want. Correx you can buy online - eBay - and it comes rolled up. There is an alternative in wickes called proplex. It’s thinner and easier to cut. You can then cut it to the size you want.

there is a video on how to build one on YouTube if you do a search.

Make sure the grids that have 9 holes. They are usually sold with connectors but I (and many others) used cable ties as well. You then join the grids using the connectors in whatever configuration you want. Correx you can buy online - eBay - and it comes rolled up. There is an alternative in wickes called proplex. It’s thinner and easier to cut. You can then cut it to the size you want.

there is a video on how to build one on YouTube if you do a search.
Okay , thanks.
I can never find good fleece blanketes, fleece tunnels or fleece beds, where do you get them?

The ones with 8 aren’t safe. Are you able to return them? How old are your piggies?

Okay , thanks.
I can never find good fleece blanketes, fleece tunnels or fleece beds, where do you get them?
eBay is a good place for fleece. You can use puppy pads (disposable or washable) underneath. I made liners for the boys and they’re two pieces of fleece with a waterproof mattress protector in between. The girls just have the mattress protector underneath with fleece on top.

The 7 week olds could possibly squeeze through the gaps. And there’s the risk of getting their heads stuck as well. You really do need grids with 9 holes. I’m not saying that to scare you, just stating facts. It can and has happened.

Yes I would agree with @Siikibam that piggies that age may escape through or get stuck in the larger grid type C&C panels, also as on your other thread you mention perhaps getting skinny pigs in future, they all have very small heads and are usually quite small even as adults- I think they would definitely need the 9 grid panels!

eBay is a good place for fleece. You can use puppy pads (disposable or washable) underneath. I made liners for the boys and they’re two pieces of fleece with a waterproof mattress protector in between. The girls just have the mattress protector underneath with fleece on top.

The 7 week olds could possibly squeeze through the gaps. And there’s the risk of getting their heads stuck as well. You really do need grids with 9 holes. I’m not saying that to scare you, just stating facts. It can and has happened.
Oh okay , to be honest , that's nearly happened to me , luckily the piggies were small enough to fit through the hole without getting stuck

Yes I would agree with @Siikibam that piggies that age may escape through or get stuck in the larger grid type C&C panels, also as on your other thread you mention perhaps getting skinny pigs in future, they all have very small heads and are usually quite small even as adults- I think they would definitely need the 9 grid panels!
Oh okay , I will just keep those for rabbits then .

Also remember a rescue is a better option than a breeder or pet shop. If you want more piggies then think about that Avenue, but it won’t necessarily be skinnies. Do you have space to house more?

There’s a link somewhere for members’ recommended places to buy liners etc. Have a hunt round as I can never remember where it is. If I find it I’ll post it for you.

Perfect. Upgrade your girls for now and enjoy them. It sounds like you have rabbits as well. Is this space for the rabbits and guinea pigs or just the latter?

Back