• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C&c Grid Stand

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
I'll be moving my boys to a C&C by the end of this year. My question is do I use the same grids for the stand that I use for the cage? Another thing - I don't know if it's me but the cable ties don't seem very secure. Some of the ones I cut close ended up coming off, and I can still pull them off. Aren't they supposed to stay somehow?, or am I doing something wrong?

TIA

Yes you can build your stand with the same grids, so long as you make a base and put in support grids underneath. Make sure you're threading the cable ties the right way up. One side is smooth and one is ridged. They should make a grrr sound (excuse my sound effects) as you pull them tight, if they don't you've either gone in from the wrong side or the tail is upside down. When you tighten them properly they are pretty much impossible to undo, so you'll know. Hope this helps. Practice with a couple first till you can see that you've got the hang of it. God luck!

I recommend using the connectors too. They aren't really useful for holding the cage in place, but they're good for keeping the structure.

@Jaycey ill be using connectors as well.

@Reenie I’ll check the cable ties again. Can’t really remember if I was doing it the right way though vaguely remember there being a rough and smooth side. And what do you mean by support grids? And yes there’d be a base to sit the correx on. Or do you mean a base to sit on the floor as well?

@Jaycey ill be using connectors as well.

@Reenie I’ll check the cable ties again. Can’t really remember if I was doing it the right way though vaguely remember there being a rough and smooth side. And what do you mean by support grids? And yes there’d be a base to sit the correx on. Or do you mean a base to sit on the floor as well?
@Siikibam By support grids I just meant that you'd need upright grids all the way along underneath to take the weight of the cage. You would probably be doing that anyway. I hope it makes sense.

I've made a stand for my C&C using the grids, but I personally would prefer a higher table to put it on if I could get one as bending down when cleaning doesn't do wonders for my back!

@Siikibam By support grids I just meant that you'd need upright grids all the way along underneath to take the weight of the cage. You would probably be doing that anyway. I hope it makes sense.
Yes I think I get it. Under each join, right?

I've made a stand for my C&C using the grids, but I personally would prefer a higher table to put it on if I could get one as bending down when cleaning doesn't do wonders for my back!
Mine are sat on the floor at the moment so having them any higher would help! I can always sit. How many grids high is your stand? Would I be able to do two high?

Mine are sat on the floor at the moment so having them any higher would help! I can always sit. How many grids high is your stand? Would I be able to do two high?
Probably, but if it's secure enough you might get away with a wee bit less. The bigger it is, the smaller the gaps between supports would need to be I would think.

Mine is only one grid high, I'm not sure if it would be stable being any higher? :hmm: It's quite handy for storing things underneath though.

The cable ties you use must be the thicker ones. Don't use the thin short ones. The ones I used are rated to support 75 lbs (34kg). The thin ones break off really easily.

I've made two-grid high stand. Loved the storage under neath.

Back