• FORUM DONATIONS OPEN The forum relies on your help to continue running, if you would like to help keep the forum running then you can find out about donating here

Cage Line Size

Dana95

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello ☺
I was wondering if anyone of you have 2x6, 2x7(or bigger) fleece liners? I wanted to get a new bigger cage and I'm not sure if those big liners will fit into my washing machine and if they wont be to heavy to shake out hay. I would go with few smaller ones, but my piggies often find a way to get under them and pee on the coroplast , so bigger one would be better. Thank you for your tips

Reenie

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hello ☺
I was wondering if anyone of you have 2x6, 2x7(or bigger) fleece liners? I wanted to get a new bigger cage and I'm not sure if those big liners will fit into my washing machine and if they wont be to heavy to shake out hay. I would go with few smaller ones, but my piggies often find a way to get under them and pee on the coroplast , so bigger one would be better. Thank you for your tips
I have a 5x3, and it is not too heavy to shake out, nor too big for my machine. I make mine myself, and use fleece with a bed liner underneath.

flowerfairy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a 10 x 2 cage but use a couple of smaller liners for easy cleaning and leave some of the cage as bare lino.

I also use vet bed which seems to stay down quite well. My biggest liner is 5 x 2 and is fine for the washing machine once I have brushed it and out it into a horse wash bag.

Their beds help to hold the cage liners in place.

they also have a hay tray area