• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can I Feed Them The Same Vegtables Each Week?

gicogico

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I give my girls a salad twice a day. I meal plan for the week so the foods that is only safe to for them to eat twice a week, I only give twice a week etc. They get 5-6 different veggies each day with a good variety/variation day to day, so it's never the same each day. Can I just use this same meal plan each week? Like Forever? Or do I have to change the vegtables each week? Or do they really not care? As long as they are getting the right amount of nutrients? Thanks!

I don't see why not! Piggies are creatures of habbit, so they won't mind having the same veggies every week, as long as they are well-balanced.

I personally prefer shopping for farm-grown, seasonal veggies as much as possible (because that's what we eat at home), but that's up to you.

Given that a Guinea Pig is basically an appetite with fur I don’t think they’ll complain. You sound a much better slave than me - I don’t plan for them. They get what’s in the fridge. My 3 would happily eat spinach, parsley and chicory every day if I let them. You have very lucky piggies.

Welcome to the forum, i am not sure we have spoke before :)

Your piggies are very lucky to have such a caring owner, your plan will certainly work! Variation is good too as it will stop them getting bored. We are more lazy than you and tend to stick to a rough diet

We feed ours this roughly
Morning:
Cucumber
Celery
1/6th of Red/Green/Yellow Bell Pepper (de-seeded)

Evening:
Cucumber
Two Little Gem Lettuce leaves or 10 sprigs Coriander. Twice a week we will swap in cabbage or parsley

We also add in to the above diet - carrot, sweet potato, celery leaves, spinach, green beans, dill and a few other things occasionally

Lovely to have you join the forum
Lee

My two get more or less the same each week as I am boring like that. They get cucumber and green capsicum in the morning with either coriander or lettuce mix rotated. And at dinner they get cucumber, red capsicum, green beans and some other random vegetable or herb thrown in, whatever I have in the fridge or garden at the time. Dinner time is more varied than breakfast but they always get cucumber twice a day for extra fluids as it is super hot here even in winter sometimes. If they start to get bored I will either give them peels or cut their veg differently, it seems to trick their little brains into thinking it's something else lol.

Back